No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mapping Chip-seq with BWA or Bowtie2?

Hi,
    I am new to next generation sequencing analysis. So I need to map my 8 ChIP-seq samples(transcription factor) and I don't want to use galaxy.
    So I was wondering what will be differences whether I use bowtie2 or bwa? And what kind of parameters should I use for aligning my reads?

P.S: Out of curiosity and since our department has DNAstar license, I would be grateful if you tell me your views on mapping with DNAstar?

Chip-seq reads are often very short. The choice of mapper can depend on the length of your reads, the platform, quality (error rate and type), and whether they are paired; some mappers do not really make good use of pairing information. Also, your experiment is important - whether the reference is exactly the same strain as the sample, for example. So, can you better describe your reads?

Regardless, I would probably still recommend BBMap, because in my tests it is more accurate than others. But I've never heard of DNAstar, so I have not included it in any of my comparative tests; therefore, it could be better than anything I've tested, though I consider that unlikely.

Comment

So l'fe done sequencing in 50bp single end mode. And my samples are from human cell line...

Comment

For single-end 50bp Chip-seq using a high-quality reference (such as human), any good mapper should be fine. But if by 'human cell line' you mean an immortalized human cancer cell line, that would of course be full of mutations, so you should map allowing low-identity matches. Is that the case?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
          by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
          04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
        • seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
        0 responses