No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help aligning SOLID PE data

Hi
    I've been having problem with SOLID pe data and i was hoping you can help. I am use to hiseq data but the tools for SOLID are unclear to me.
    I ran my SOLID 50 and 30 bp paired reads with novoalign--that failed; then running with bwa failed because of the way the reads are listed as R5 versus R3 (I forget the exact detail).
    I then used BFAST which took forever (2 weeks). then I called mutations with GATK but I only get 5000K variants when I expected over 30K (for agilent sureselect 50M).
    Although it is possible the data I have is insufficiently covered, it would be good to know that I have done all the steps properly.

Could you please share your the code that you use to align the csfasta files?
    for example, the reads I have have the following naming
    abc_F3.csfasta
    abc_R5-BC.csfasta
    abc_F3_QV.qual
    abc_R5-BC_QV.qual

thanks !

The solid reads are aligned in RF orientation (R5-BC for the reverse strand, F3 for the forward strand), so you may need to explicitly indicate this for your alignment programs. I've had trouble aligning with Bowtie paired-end for some reason, but the unpaired reads seem to align fine.

Comment

i use bowtie to align paired-ends reads from SOLiD :
      bowtie -f --fr -C -S -I 0 -X 500 --Q1 f3.qual --Q2 f5.qual -1 f3.csfasta -2 f5.csfasta bowtie_index_c algn.sam
      Bowtie_index_c must be in color space (bowtie-build -C seq.fa seq_c)
      kevin.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
      0 responses