SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Software to identify transcription factors in ETEC (e. coli)? avm General 0 06-17-2012 12:29 PM
ChIP-seq in cancer cell lines captainentropy General 2 09-14-2010 01:42 PM
ChIP-Seq: Using ChIP-seq Technology to Identify Targets of Zinc Finger Transcription Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 08-04-2010 02:00 AM
Transcription factors visualization tool for chip seq data shum1 General 0 05-03-2010 07:29 AM

Old 06-24-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
Jeannine

Default Comparing ChIP-seq from different transcription factors / different cell lines

Hi,

I was wondering, when I compare the ChIP-seq peaks from either different transcription factors or same factors but different cell lines (but same species), how much overlap is to expect or what overlap would be considered as significant or irrelevant etc... ??
I struggle to interpret the percentage of overlap and I'm generally not sure how important such comparisons are, if you can really draw any conclusions.
Just an example: I get 30% overlap of two different ChIP-seq datasets with the same factor but in different cancer cell lines and 30% overlap of peaks obtained in the same cell line but looking at 2 different transcription factors (although the factors belong to the same family and are known to heterodimerise).
I'm writing up my PhD thesis at the moment and need to elaborate on the ChIP-seq analysis, that's why I even started looking at other datasets and performing comparisons.

It would be great if someone can help me or share their opinion on this topic.

Thanks, Jeannine
Jeannine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
harryzs

Hi,
Please read this
http://ethanomics.wordpress.com/2011...p-seq-samples/

You may also need to look at DiffBind from Bioconductor as well as http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ture10730.html
harryzs is offline   Reply With Quote