No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import error after installing Pysam

Hi all,
    I now there are a couple of threads asking about installing pysam already, and I tried the solutions posted there to no avail.

I am trying in install pysam on my MAC running OSX 10.7 with python 2.7.3.

I have downloaded and appear to have successfully installed samtools and added it to my path. When I type samtools into the command line I get the nice help message that one expects to see if you don't give anything to do.

So after downloading, unpacking and entering into the directory of the latest version of pysam, when I run 'python setup.py build' there are many warnings, but the script doesn't exit, so I tried installing it after build anyway. The install seems to go fine, but when I start up IDLE and try to import pysam I get the following error:

Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):

File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in <module>
    import pysam
    File "/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pysam-0.6-py2.7-macosx-10.6-intel.egg/pysam/init.py", line 1, in <module>
    from csamtools import
    ImportError?: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pysam-0.6-py2.7-macosx-10.6-intel.egg/csamtools.so, 2): Symbol not found: ks_insertsort_heap
    Referenced from: /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pysam-0.6-py2.7-macosx-10.6-intel.egg/csamtools.so Expected in: flat namespace
    in /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pysam-0.6-py2.7-macosx-10.6-intel.egg/csamtools.so

the output of the setup.py build command is too large to post here but some of the out if helps is:

Code:
    running build running build_py creating build creating build/lib.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7 creating build/lib.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7/pysam copying pysam/init.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7/pysam copying pysam/Pileup.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7/pysam copying pysam/namedtuple.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7/pysam copying pysam/version.py -> build/lib.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7/pysam running build_ext gcc-4.2 not found, using clang instead building 'csamtools' extension creating build/temp.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7 creating build/temp.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7/pysam creating build/temp.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7/samtools creating build/temp.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7/samtools/bcftools creating build/temp.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7/samtools/misc clang -fno-strict-aliasing -fno-common -dynamic -arch i386 -arch x86_64 -g -O2 -DNDEBUG -g -O3 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_USE_KNETFILE= -Isamtools -Ipysam -I/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/include/python2.7 -c pysam/csamtools.c -o build/temp.macosx-10.6-intel-2.7/pysam/csamtools.o pysam/csamtools.c:8432:249: warning: incompatible pointer types passing 'int (bam1_t , void )' to parameter

of type 'bam_fetch_f' (aka 'int ()(const bam1_t , void )') [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
    ...pyx_v_rstart, pyx_v_rend, ((void )pyx_v_callback), pyx_f_9csamtools_fetch_callback)); if ...
    ^
    samtools/bam.h:626:103: note: passing argument to parameter 'func' here
    ...bam_fetch(bamFile fp, const bam_index_t idx, int tid, int beg, int end, void data, bam_fetch_f func);
    ^
    pysam/csamtools.c:8840:427: warning: incompatible pointer types passing 'int (bam1_t , void )' to parameter
    of type 'bam_fetch_f' (aka 'int ()(const bam1_t , void )') [-Wincompatible-pointer-types]
    ...+ 1), ((void )(&pyx_v_mate_data)), pyx_f_9csamtools_mate_callback);
    ^~
    ...bam_fetch(bamFile fp, const bam_index_t idx, int tid, int beg, int end, void data, bam_fetch_f func);
    ^
    pysam/csamtools.c:9327:222: warning: incompatible pointer types passing 'int (bam1_t , void )' to parameter
    ...pyx_v_rstart, pyx_v_rend, ((void )(&pyx_v_counter)), pyx_f_9csamtools_count_callback);
    ^
    ^
    pysam/csamtools.c:9764:207: warning: incompatible pointer types passing 'int (bam1_t , void )' to parameter
    ...pyx_v_rtid, pyx_v_rstart, pyx_v_rend, pyx_v_buf, pyx_f_9csamtools_pileup_fetch_callback);
    ^~
    ^
    pysam/csamtools.c:15344:7: warning: implicit declaration of function 'bam_prob_realn' is invalid in C99
    [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] bam_prob_realn(pyx_v_b, pyx_v_d->seq); ^
    pysam/csamtools.c:15372:19: warning: implicit declaration of function 'bam_cap_mapQ' is invalid in C99
    [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] pyx_v_q = bam_cap_mapQ(pyx_v_b, pyx_v_d->seq, pyx_v_capQ_thres);
    ^
    6 warnings generated. pysam/csamtools.c:8432:249: warning: incompatible pointer types passing 'int (bam1_t , void )' to parameter
    ...pyx_v_rstart, pyx_v_rend, ((void )pyx_v_callback), pyx_f_9csamtools_fetch_callback)); if ...
    ^
    ^
    pysam/csamtools.c:8840:427: warning: incompatible pointer types passing 'int (bam1_t , void )' to parameter
    ...+ 1), ((void )(&pyx_v_mate_data)), pyx_f_9csamtools_mate_callback);
    ^~
    ^
    pysam/csamtools.c:9327:222: warning: incompatible pointer types passing 'int (bam1_t , void )' to parameter
    ...pyx_v_rstart, pyx_v_rend, ((void )(&pyx_v_counter)), pyx_f_9csamtools_count_callback);
    ^
    ^
    pysam/csamtools.c:9764:207: warning: incompatible pointer types passing 'int (bam1_t , void )' to parameter
    ...pyx_v_rtid, pyx_v_rstart, pyx_v_rend, pyx_v_buf, pyx_f_9csamtools_pileup_fetch_callback);
    ^~
    ^
    pysam/csamtools.c:15344:7: warning: implicit declaration of function 'bam_prob_realn' is invalid in C99
    [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] bam_prob_realn(pyx_v_b, pyx_v_d->seq); ^
    pysam/csamtools.c:15372:19: warning: implicit declaration of function 'bam_cap_mapQ' is invalid in C99
    [-Wimplicit-function-declaration] pyx_v_q = bam_cap_mapQ(pyx_v_b, pyx_v_d->seq, pyx_v_capQ_thres);

I noticed that it says gcc-4.2 is not found. but when I type gcc at the command prompt It says: i686-apple-darwin11-llvm-gcc-4.2: no input files So I think that means it's installed.

Any help is appreciated, Cheers, Davy

i think maybe the version which you have installed of PYSAM is not supporting your mac os so i would prefer you to contact the moderator of the site and to look up for the version which is suitable for your mac os.
    Last edited by Dogetorenk; 11-15-2012, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
    • seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
    0 responses