Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Lizex,
    im sorry for the late reply, im very busy lately and could not find time. But better later than never

firstly it seems to me you compiled samtools before, i mean when you first installed the program. Then, try this:
    1 Edit the source file
    2 make clean
    3 ./configure
    4 make

This should work.

'Permission denied' shows that the program is owned most probably by root and you try running it as user. Two things possible here:
    1. Copy/Move the program to a place in your PATH.
    2. Change the owner of the file to be your user with 'chown'. Check 'man chown' for syntax. Also you need to be root to use chown.

Else provide me with email n i will send you the compiled version of modified samtools plus last version of my script.

Cheers

Comment

Hi Kenietz
      Thanks for the reply.
      I've send the my e-mail adress.

Regards

Comment

Kenietz,

I just used your script and it works beautifully. Thanks for writing it.

Yaz

Comment

Hi YazBraimah,
          glad to hear that it worked for you

Cheers

Comment

FYI,

A Trinity plug-in can also do this. See:

under "Starting from a genome-based transcript structure GTF file (eg. cufflinks)"

YB

Comment

Originally posted by pkerrwall View Post
              Here is the process that I am using:

samtools mpileup -uf ref.fa accepted_hits.bam | bcftools view -cg - | vcfutils.pl vcf2fq | fq2fa.pl > new_ref.fa
              gffread -w transcripts.fa -g new_ref.fa transcripts.gtf

where fq2fa.pl is a bioperl script to convert from fq to fasta

I also have an email into the cufflinks developers to see if there is a way that the gffread utility can be enhanced to get the consensus sequence from the bam file and not the reference genome.

Hi pkerrwall, I used commands same as yours. but i found that sequences in cns.fq generated by fq2fa.pl have different length with them in reference sequences. do you know why?

Comment

Originally posted by xmubingo View Post
                Hi pkerrwall, I used commands same as yours. but i found that sequences in cns.fq generated by fq2fa.pl have different length with them in reference sequences. do you know why?
                Take a look at this post:
                Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

As gringer mentioned:
                Originally posted by gringer View Post
                But bear in mind that the vcf2fq script is designed for SNPs, not INDELs. If there is an INDEL in your sequence relative to the reference, then the INDEL and a few flanking bases will be changed to lower case, but not replaced. This means that any fastq file generated from this script will have the same length as the input reference sequence.

I sent a patch to their sourceforge page to fix this (and allow more compact partial vcf files with a provided reference sequence), but I don't think it's been implemented yet.

Comment

Originally posted by yueluo View Post
                  Take a look at this post:
                  Discussion of next-gen sequencing related bioinformatics: resources, algorithms, open source efforts, etc

As gringer mentioned:
                  Thanks, yueluo!! I asked gringer, and he replied. I guess some incorrect operations in my pipeline.

Comment

Originally posted by zchou View Post
                    Hi All,

I use Bowtie/TopHat/cufflink to analyze the RNA-Seq. I want to extract the rebuild transcripts by these softwares. However, I can only the BED file. Can anyone give idea to extract these assembled transcript sequence?

Thanks,
                    ZC
                    To extract the assembled transfrags from cufflink, following command is useful

$gffread -w transcripts.fa -g /path/to/genome.fa transcripts.gtf

Source : Cufflink

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                    • seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                    0 responses