Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ncRNA and miRNA from RNA-seq

I have a dataset paired end with enough reads and coverage. I have analyzed the RNA-seq data for Differentila splicing and expression. My question is can I analyze ncRNA/ mirRNA in the same dataset? Any link or experience will be useful.

Thanks

Could you please be more specific on your data . Which plateform (illumina, roche,...) ? Is the library poly-A (if yes, you can not detect ncRNA) ?

Comment

ncRNA in RNA-seq

Yes it is poly A and Illumina plateform. What is the best way of performing an RNA-seq in Illumina to find out ncRNA as well as expression?

Thanks

Comment

The methods for preparing standard RNA vs. small RNA libraries are different. Poly(A)+ selection is specific for mRNAs, while small RNA protocols exploit the size difference and/or unique chemistry of the ends. The best approach is to construct libraries of each type.

Comment

You will only really be able to find poly adenylated non coding RNAs and possible miRNA precursors.

If you are truly interested in longer non coding you will need Total RNA-seq libraries. For anything smaller you need to do the small RNA protocol for things under ~50 bp.

We have also found that having all three, Total RNA, mRNA and small, while more work and cost is incredibly informative.

Comment

Hi, I have two relevant questions:

(1) What's the proportion of ncRNAs without poly adenylated tails?
            (2) for total RNA-seq, do we need to deplete rRNAs and tRNAs?
            Xi Wang

Comment

Would it be possible to identify miRNAs and other small ncRNAs in a paired-end dataset consisting of total RNA (rRNA depleted) that has not been size-selected?

mnkyboy: If analysing total RNA, mRNA and small RNA in parallel, is it possible to add standards to the three libraries to be able to compare them quantitatively? I would like to compare the abundance of small ncRNAs and of their precursors, and possibly of their targets.

Thanks for any input!

Comment

Hi Xi,
                I also have the question about the propotion of poly adenylated ncRNAs.

For the sequencing of total RNA, depletion of rRNA is utterly required and rRNA propotion remains considerable even after depletion.

Comment

Originally posted by pppppj View Post
                  Hi Xi,
                  I also have the question about the propotion of poly adenylated ncRNAs.

For the sequencing of total RNA, depletion of rRNA is utterly required and rRNA propotion remains considerable even after depletion.
                  Thanks. Are you from biology background?
                  Xi Wang

Comment

Hi Xi,

I'm Xie Peng : ) And I'm dealing with total RNA data and getting to know the protocol from our collaborators who are biologists.

It happens that our lab had Prof. Malmberg from University of Gorgia, who is scaning ncRNAs in genomes, to give a lecture today. He also doesn't have an answer to the question about proportion of poly-A ncRNAs.

Comment

In RNA-seq you cannot find miRNAs, you can capture precursors of miRNAs with quite low abundance comparing to protein-coding transcripts.
                      ------------
                      SMART - bioinfo.uni-plovdiv.bg

Comment

Originally posted by vebaev View Post
                        In RNA-seq you cannot find miRNAs, you can capture precursors of miRNAs with quite low abundance comparing to protein-coding transcripts.
                        In many gene annotation databases, miRNA host genes are defined as ncRNAs. As miRNAs can be embedded in introns of coding RNAs, I think these corresponding pre-miRNAs can also be different splice-forms of coding transcripts. Why did you said the abundance of pre-miRNAs were low? Is it because of the polyA-tail capture?
                        Xi Wang

Comment

Originally posted by pppppj View Post
                          Hi Xi,

I'm Xie Peng : ) And I'm dealing with total RNA data and getting to know the protocol from our collaborators who are biologists.

It happens that our lab had Prof. Malmberg from University of Gorgia, who is scaning ncRNAs in genomes, to give a lecture today. He also doesn't have an answer to the question about proportion of poly-A ncRNAs.
                          Hi Nice to meet you here. ncRNA is a hot topic but lots of questions to be answered. Hopefully, you and your collaborator can answer this question :-)
                          Xi Wang

Comment

Originally posted by vebaev View Post
                            Thank you. I'm just curious about the relative abundance of miRNA compared with that of mRNA, in the sense of copy number. Do you have any ideas about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Xi Wang View Post
                              Hi Nice to meet you here. ncRNA is a hot topic but lots of questions to be answered. Hopefully, you and your collaborator can answer this question :-)
                              Yes, glad to meet you, too : ) Is ncRNA your current research interest?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                              • seqadmin
                                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post seqadmin  
                              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                              0 responses