No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MapSolver (OpGen). How to get it

Hi everyone,

I am trying to get MapSolver software for academic use (I am a student), I wrote to the providers and to the company asking if it is possible to get a trial. Nobody answered, so assuming that they didnt respond because they dont give the software for free, I wrote them again this time asking for the price for the software license but they didnt respond either.

I just dont know what else to do to get it and I really need that software, I am using Soma v2 (for optical mapping) but I would like to use MapSolver soft since some colleagues told me that they got better results with that one in the past.

So, if anyone knows how I can get it please let me know.

Thank you in advance

PD: Im new here, please tell me if this thread doesnt go here.

This might be due to the fact they're discontinuing the platform, it's already all but erased from their website. Perhaps you need to get access to it via someone who already owns the system in an academic core facility.

Comment

It seems that you are right and that they read this forum because they responded me yesterday (weeks after I wrote them):

"Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately OpGen has discontinued the Argus product line and with this is no longer selling the MapSolver software.

Regards"

Thanks.

Comment

I have an Opgen Argus, and I've just checked - the CD-ROM comes with a time-limited activation key, and we can't even install it on our own laptops anymore (even though it's working on the machine itself)

Comment

Originally posted by Bukowski View Post
          I have an Opgen Argus, and I've just checked - the CD-ROM comes with a time-limited activation key, and we can't even install it on our own laptops anymore (even though it's working on the machine itself)
          It is a shame that the software can not be used anymore, there aren't other softs to carry out the same task effectively. Only Soma v2 but I found out that it has many limitations, It is too stringent when placing scaffolds to the restriction map reference leaving out scaffolds that present high concordance with a restriction map segment (and there aren't parameter configurations to modify). So I ended up performing a tedious manual alignment to place many scaffolds, probably losing accuracy in the process.

I think they (OpGen) should let academics use the software freely if they aren't commercializing it anymore (but maybe I am being too naive).

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses