Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help with counting reads (only 0 counts were returned)

Hi,
    This is my very first experience analysing RNAseq data. My goal is to do differential analysis between two strains of a bacteria. So far, i managed to align and produce SAM and BAM files. I'm having problems to annotate and count my reads. Here are the commands that I used.
    My reads are from SOLID and hence in colourspace

Code:
    $ nohup solid2fastq.pl 291_01_01 291_01_01-bwa  #Convert .csfasta and .qual to .fastq

$ nohup bwa index -c TbruceiTreu927Genomic_TriTrypDB-4.0.fasta 

$ nohup bwa aln -c TbruceiTreu927Genomic_TriTrypDB-4.0.fasta 291_01_01-bwa.singleF3.fastq 291_01_01-bwa.sai 

$ perl -ne 'if($_ !~ m/^\S+?\t4\t/){print $_}' 291_01_01-bwa.sam > 291_01_01-bwa.sam.filtered #Convert to SAM file

$ samtools sort 291_01_01-bwa.bam 291_01_01-bwa.bam.sorted

$ samtools index 291_01_01-bwa.bam.sorted.bam
    #to produce .rpkm file

$ java -jar ~/bin/bam2rpkm-0.06/bam2rpkm-0.06.jar  -i 291_01_01-bwa.bam.sorted.bam -f Tbrucei427_TriTrypDB-4.0.gff > 291_01_01-bwa.RPKM2.out  # i get an error here
    $ERROR: Problem encountered whilst reading gtf file. Could not interpret line 'GeneDB|Tb427_01_v4 EuPathDB supercontig 1

so i tried different method to count

$ htseq-count -i ID 291_01_01-bwa.sam Tbrucei427_TriTrypDB-4.0.gff > 291_01_01-bwa.sam_htseq-count #still error 
    $Error occured when processing GFF file (line 37060 of file Tbrucei427_TriTrypDB-4.0.gff):
    need more than 1 value to unpack

and different method

$ python make_bed_from_fasta.py ~/Downloads/reference/TbruceiTreu927AnnotatedCDS_TriTrypDB-4.0.fasta > 927_reference.bed #this python script converts .fasta into .bed file since the .gff file cannot be processed
    $multiBamCov -q 30 -p -bams 291_01_01-bwa.bam.sorted.bam -bed 927_reference.bed > test_counts.txt
    now I only get 0 counts for all genes. Does this mean that there is something wrong with my alignment files or something wrong with the counting method . And it seems like my .gff (version 3) file was unable to be read by htseq-count and also the java script . I downloaded the gff file from GeneDB and it seems like in many tutorials .gtf files are used instead. So I'm stuck at counting the read part and I really need some help . Help please .

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses