Velvet Compilation error Biomicrogen Bioinformatics 3 12-09-2014 01:07 PM
SAMTools compilation using Cygwin Oxalis Bioinformatics 5 11-01-2013 09:49 AM
Velvet compilation error freshtuo Bioinformatics 1 06-21-2012 05:48 AM
BWA compilation error mabry Bioinformatics 2 05-12-2009 04:16 AM

Old 03-12-2016, 02:15 AM   #1
Luis

Default Bowtie2 and TBB compilation

Hi all,

Because Bowtie2 with "-p xx" option don't make multithreading, I tried to build from source with TBB (make WITH_TBB=1), but "make" reports 6 errors.

Versions are:
MacOSX version: 10.10.5 (Yosemite)
Bowtie2 src version: 2.2.8
TBB version: 4.4-20160128

Someone has experienced the same problem and has a solution?

The trace begin with:

$ make WITH_TBB=1
c++ -O3 -m64 -msse2 -funroll-loops -g3 -DCOMPILER_OPTIONS=""-O3 -m64 -msse2 -funroll-loops -g3 -DPOPCNT_CAPABILITY -DWITH_TBB"" -DPOPCNT_CAPABILITY -DWITH_TBB \
-fno-strict-aliasing -DBOWTIE2_VERSION=""`cat VERSION`"" -DBUILD_HOST=""`hostname`"" -DBUILD_TIME=""`date`"" -DCOMPILER_VERSION=""`c++ -v 2>&1 | tail -1`"" -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_GNU_SOURCE -DBOWTIE_MM -DBOWTIE2 -DNDEBUG -Wall \
-I third_party \
-o bowtie2-build-s bt2_build.cpp \
ccnt_lut.cpp ref_read.cpp alphabet.cpp shmem.cpp edit.cpp bt2_idx.cpp bt2_io.cpp bt2_util.cpp reference.cpp ds.cpp multikey_qsort.cpp limit.cpp random_source.cpp diff_sample.cpp bowtie_build_main.cpp \
-lpthread -ltbb -ltbbmalloc_proxy
In file included from bt2_build.cpp:27:
In file included from ./bt2_idx.h:42:
In file included from ./blockwise_sa.h:24:
In file included from /usr/local/include/tbb/tbb.h:53:
In file included from /usr/local/include/tbb/flow_graph.h:30:
/usr/local/include/tbb/task.h:913:13: error: no matching function for call to object of type 'const VSorting_worker<SString<char> >'
my_func();
^~~~~~~
/usr/local/include/tbb/task.h:917:9: note: in instantiation of member function 'tbb::internal::function_task<VSorting_worker<SString<char> > >::execute'
requested here
function_task( const F& f ) : my_func(f) {}
^
/usr/local/include/tbb/task_group.h:100:79: note: in instantiation of member function 'tbb::internal::function_task<VSorting_worker<SString<char> >
>::function_task' requested here
owner().spawn( *new( owner().allocate_additional_child_of(*my_root) ) Task(f) );
^
/usr/local/include/tbb/task_group.h:179:9: note: in instantiation of function template specialization 'tbb::internal::task_group_base::internal_run<const
VSorting_worker<SString<char> >, tbb::internal::function_task<VSorting_worker<SString<char> > > >' requested here
internal_run< const F, internal::function_task<F> >( f );
^
./diff_sample.h:832:12: note: in instantiation of function template specialization 'tbb::task_group::run<VSorting_worker<SString<char> > >' requested here
tbb_grp.run(VSorting_worker<TStr>(((void*)&tparams[tid])));
^
./blockwise_sa.h:422:24: note: in instantiation of member function 'DifferenceCoverSample<SString<char> >::build' requested here
_dc.get()->build(this->_nthreads);
^
./blockwise_sa.h:401:4: note: (skipping 1 context in backtrace; use -ftemplate-backtrace-limit=0 to see all)
build();
^
./blockwise_sa.h:216:32: note: in instantiation of member function 'KarkkainenBlockwiseSA<SString<char> >::reset' requested here
{ _randomSrc.init(__seed); reset(); _done = new bool[_nthreads]; }
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 03:14 AM   #2
GenoMax

Is there a reason you are compiling this on your own? Have you tried the compiled binary provided for OS X?
GenoMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 10:38 PM   #3
Luis

Yes. I try to compile with TBB becasuse the MacOSX binary only launch one thread and the source version compiled without TBB also only launch one thread. So, my last option was compilation with TBB.
Thank you for your answer.
Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 08:31 PM   #4
yueluo

I had problems compiling bowtie2 with TBB support too. My OS was Centos 6.6. Bowtie2 source and TBB versions were the same as yours.
My 'fix' was to compile with LDFLAGS=-L/pathto/lib(or LD_RUN_PATH=/pathto/lib) but not CPPFLAGS=-I/pathto/include(or INC=/pathto/include). Sounds weird but it did work for me...
Hope this helps.
yueluo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bowtie2, tbb