Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth set for NA12878 SNVs

Hi. I wonder if anyone can direct me to a complete 'truth' SNV set for the 1000genomes NA12878 individual (and, ideally, her mum and dad too). There are a number of existing NA12878 vcf files from various sources, with many or most of the variants in common, but I'm thinking that there must be one 'correct' vcf that the Broad refers to for evaluation etc? The 1000 genomes CEUtrio vcf at ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...notypes.vcf.gz is a couple of years old now and I'm guessing there's a better call set somewhere. Most particularly I'm after one that is comprehensive, i.e. very few false negatives, as we're looking to evaluate FNR for various sequence depths. Maybe there is one generated from one of these newer very deep sequencing sets for NA12878:
    ftp://ftp.1000genomes.ebi.ac.uk/vol1...878/alignment/
    which is around 60-70x, and

which look to be ~100x. I think the 1000genomes public VCFs are generated from much earlier GAII based runs?

Any help appreciated

Andrew

I have yet to find a satisfying answer to this question despite a lot of searching. In truth, there does not seem to be any "truth" variant callset for NA12878 -- everything I have seen to date was generated on the same platform and with the same (or inferior) informatics software as that which you find yourself trying to validate. For SNPs with a relatively high MAF you can look at earlier SNP chip genotyping datasets for this individual, but those will not help you with rare variants. To my knowledge the highest-quality and most recent resequencing data for NA12878 (in fact, the whole trio) is the so-called Platinum Genome released by Illumina. When I examined the raw reads, however, I still saw enough noise that I would hesitate to classify as Truth whatever callset you managed to extract from them.

Comment

Thanks. I hadn't seen the Illumina platinum data. Where exactly are the VCFs though?
      I know Complete Genomics claim an error rate of ~3 SNVs per MB currently, but not sure how they evaluate that.

Comment

OK found the VCFs: ftp://ftp.platinumgenomes.org/trio

I will do some comparisons and post here

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
        • seqadmin
          The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
          by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
          02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
        0 responses