No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download from SRA archive

Hi,

I recently tried to download published Colorspace results from SRA archive. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sra

However, I could only download sequences in ATCG. About one month back, I downloaded some colorspace data, which are in 0123 format.

Where can I download reads in colorspace from SRA?

Thanks,
    Song Li
    Last edited by SongLi; 01-22-2011, 02:06 PM.

You don't mention the specific sample you're interested in so it's difficult to give an exact answer. If the entry was deposited in base space then there won't be an option to download colorspace (since that wouldn't make any sense anyway).

If you have a .sra file instead of a direct fastq file then you can use the --dumpcs option to fastq-dump to get colorspace fastq files from the sra file.

Comment

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the reply.

The story is a bit compilcated.

1. I downloaded some colorspace data about a month back. Then I accidentally deleted the file, so I wanted to download again. However, I can only get reads in sequence space from the same place where I downloaded before.

for example, when I was trying to download the modEncode data for Drosophila from this link, I only get sequence space data.

2. SRA tools do not work for me for some reason, I have a post before on this forum, and SRA tool was not terminating for a single color space file for about 24 hrs. I found the above link, from which I can download the data (which I wanted to download again now) from SRA. But now, it's not working again.

Any suggestion?
      Thanks
      Song Li

Originally posted by simonandrews View Post
      You don't mention the specific sample you're interested in so it's difficult to give an exact answer. If the entry was deposited in base space then there won't be an option to download colorspace (since that wouldn't make any sense anyway).

If you have a .sra file instead of a direct fastq file then you can use the --dumpcs option to fastq-dump to get colorspace fastq files from the sra file.

Comment

Originally posted by SongLi View Post
        for example, when I was trying to download the modEncode data for Drosophila from this link, I only get sequence space data.

There is indeed something odd about that entry. Even if you set the display preferences to show colorspace (and colorspace data shows up in the preview view), then you still seem to get base space when you download the fastq file. In this case it may be that the only way to get the colorspace data is from the sra file (which I agree is a pain).

It might be worth contacting NCBI since this could just be a bug in their download code.

Comment

found the files?

Hi,
          Were you able to download the colorspace files? I've been looking for them too.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
            by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
            Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
            03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
          • seqadmin
            The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
            by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
            02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
          0 responses