No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error while running bcl2fastq

Hello,

I did install the bcl2fastq as mentioned in the post. However when I am running it I am getting following error. Can anyone help me to resolve this?

I used the following script in bold

/usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl --input-dir /media/gastrula/2TB/transcriptome/SG002_07122016/161207_D00239_0187_AHWM2FBCXX/Data/Intensities/BaseCalls --output-dir ./ Unaligned --sample-sheet /media/gastrula/2TB/transcriptome/SG002_07122016/161207_D00239_0187_AHWM2FBCXX/Data/Intensities/BaseCalls/SG002_07122016_PoolA_rep1_samplesheet.csv

Error is:

"my" variable $value masks earlier declaration in same statement at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 760.
    syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 747, near "$variable qw(ELAND_FASTQ_FILES_PER_PROCESS)"
    Global symbol "$variable" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 749.
    syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 751, near "$directory qw(ELAND_GENOME)"
    Global symbol "$self" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$directory" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$project" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$sample" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$lane" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$barcode" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    Global symbol "$reference" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
    syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 761, near "}"
    /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm has too many errors.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment.pm line 61.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment.pm line 61.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl line 250.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl line 250.

@saupra: I moved your post to a new thread.

Have you validated this install of bcl2fastq? I think there is a small test flowcell included in the software (if I recollect).

Comment

Det Genomax,

I haven't. Actually I am doing for the fist time. Could you help me to perform this test?

Comment

There are a couple of test flowcells included in bcl2fastq distribution (bcl2fastq/data/share/examples/Validation). You can test using those. Directions on how to use those cells are likely in the install document.

Comment

Dear Genomax

I think there is some issue with the installation only i used the following command
          /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl --input-dir /media/gastrula/2TB/biotools/bcl2fastq/data/share/examples/Validation/100723_EAS346_0188_FC626BWAAXX_120418 --output-dir /output

and still getting same error. Can you help me to figure out what could be done next?

"my" variable $value masks earlier declaration in same statement at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 760.
          syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 747, near "$variable qw(ELAND_FASTQ_FILES_PER_PROCESS)"
          Global symbol "$variable" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 749.
          syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 751, near "$directory qw(ELAND_GENOME)"
          Global symbol "$self" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$directory" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$project" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$sample" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$lane" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$barcode" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          Global symbol "$reference" requires explicit package name at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 753.
          syntax error at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm line 761, near "}"
          /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment/Config.pm has too many errors.
          Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment.pm line 61.
          BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/lib/bcl2fastq-1.8.4/perl/Casava/Alignment.pm line 61.
          Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl line 250.
          BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/configureBclToFastq.pl line 250.

Comment

As I recollect bcl2fastq requires a specific version of perl (I think 5.12). If you are using other newer versions then it can lead to errors. Make sure when you run bcl2fastq that version is one available.

Did you do this install from source or by using the package?

Comment

Is there any reason why you're using such an old version of bcl2fastq? Last year they updated to bcl2fastq 2 and it runs much better. We previously had trouble demultiplexing hiseq runs with the older versions of bcl2fastq but now it's a much better program for that. You can get newer versions at http://support.illumina.com/sequenci...-software.html

Comment

bcl2fastq v.1.8.4 works fine with most (older) HiSeq.

Only HiSeq 3K,4K,X and NextSeq require the new bcl2fastq v.2.x series.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                  bcl2fastq v.1.8.4 works fine with most (older) HiSeq.

Only HiSeq 3K,4K,X and NextSeq require the new bcl2fastq v.2.x series.
                  We have a 2500 that was upgraded from a 2000 and we ran into issues using 1.8.4 and earlier to demux our runs, whereas 2 worked right out of the gate fairly smoothly for us.

I know that certain older versions of RTA may require older bcl2fastq, so I figured maybe that's why he was using that version; otherwise I've been really happy with the improvements in 2.x.

Comment

Just to clarify bcl2fastq v.2.x is compatible with all sequencers AFAIK.

@saupra you may want to give that version a try. Caveat (as mentioned by @moatman) is that you need to use v.1.8.x if following is applicable

For Illumina sequencing systems runnings RTA versions earlier than 1.18.54, use bcl2fastq Conversion Software v1.8.4.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                    • seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                    0 responses