Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hiseq2000-Quality filtering

I am newbie in NGS. We have sequenced non-model plant through illumina Hiseq 2000, and I preprocessed the raw sequence with fastqc, with fastqc quality check, the sequences passed all the test but failed in "Per Base Sequence Content". What should I do?. In what way I can improve the per base sequence content by quality filtering?. What type of quality filtering/tool should I use?

Can you post an example plot? If one of the items "fails" in FastQC then it does not automatically mean a strike against the dataset.

Here is a recent post of mine with a list of trimming programs/adapter information: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40054

Comment

re:fastqc

Thanks for the reply. Below is the fastqc graph in which per base sequence content and duplication level gets warning in fastqc. Is there need to filter?

Comment

The question you should be checking into is if there is adapter contamination and/or low quality sequence that you need to remove before the downstream analysis. Some links for various trimming programs are in: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40054

Also check post #2 in http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39889 for an insight into the sequence duplication "problem".

What kind of an experiment is this? It is normal to see that kind of per sequence base content for illumina sequencing.

Comment

Is this RNA-seq or genomic sequencing? Can you post a few more details about the expt? What are you going to do afterwards? Assembly?

From what you've posted above, the %AT/%GC looks too uniform (this is how it should be: http://www.bioinformatics.babraham.a...qc_report.html), however, it may not necessarily be an issue.

I don't think there is a trimming issue here, since the ends look fine. You might want to go ahead with the assembly as planned and BLAST the assembled sequences against the NR database in NCBI, just to make sure that they are mapping to sequences close to your species.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
          • seqadmin
            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
          0 responses