No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't install TopHat

Hi,

I'm trying to install Tophat. I installed bowtie, samtools and boost (all they are ok, I think).
    So, I do:

./configure --prefix=$HOME --with-boost=usr/include/boost --with-bam=$HOME/SAMTools

-- tophat 2.0.4 Configuration Results --
    C++ compiler: g++ -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wuninitialized -O3 -DNDEBUG -pthread -Iusr/include/boost/include -I/home/auri/SAMTools/include -I./SeqAn-1.3
    Linker flags:
    GCC version: gcc (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.6.3-1ubuntu5) 4.6.3
    Host System type: i686-pc-linux-gnu
    Install prefix: /home/auri
    Install eprefix: ${prefix}

See config.h for further configuration information.
    Email <[email protected]> with questions and bug reports.

make

make all-recursive
    make[1]: Entering directory `/home/auri/Downloads/tophat-2.0.4'
    Making all in src
    make[2]: Entering directory `/home/auri/Downloads/tophat-2.0.4/src'
    g++ -Wall -Wno-strict-aliasing -g -gdwarf-2 -Wuninitialized -O3 -DNDEBUG -pthread -I/home/auri/Dowloads/boost_1_51_0/include -I/home/auri/SAMTools/include -I./SeqAn-1.3 -o segment_juncs -L/home/auri/Dowloads/boost_1_51_0/lib -L/home/auri/SAMTools/lib segment_juncs.o ../src/libtophat.a -lbam -lz
    segment_juncs.o: In function `driver(std::basic_istream<char, std::char_traits<char> >&, _IO_FILE*, _IO_FILE*, _IO_FILE*, _IO_FILE*, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&, std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&, std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >&, std::vector<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> >, std::allocator<std::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > > >&)':
    /home/auri/Downloads/tophat-2.0.4/src/segment_juncs.cpp:4926: undefined reference to `boost::thread::join()'
    /home/auri/Downloads/tophat-2.0.4/src/segment_juncs.cpp:4927: undefined reference to `boost::thread::~thread()'
    /home/auri/Downloads/tophat-2.0.4/src/segment_juncs.cpp:5003: undefined reference to `boost::thread::join()'
    /home/auri/Downloads/tophat-2.0.4/src/segment_juncs.cpp:5004: undefined reference to `boost::thread::~thread()'
    segment_juncs.o: In function `thread<SegmentSearchWorker>':
    /usr/include/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp:204: undefined reference to `boost::thread::start_thread()'
    /usr/include/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp:204: undefined reference to `boost::thread::start_thread()'
    segment_juncs.o: In function `~thread_data':
    /usr/include/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp:40: undefined reference to `boost::detail::thread_data_base::~thread_data_base()'
    /usr/include/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp:40: undefined reference to `boost::detail::thread_data_base::~thread_data_base()'
    segment_juncs.o: In function `thread_data_base':
    /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/thread_data.hpp:67: undefined reference to `vtable for boost::detail::thread_data_base'
    segment_juncs.o: In function `thread_data':
    /usr/include/boost/thread/detail/thread.hpp:53: undefined reference to `boost::detail::thread_data_base::~thread_data_base()'
    segment_juncs.o.rodata._ZTIN5boost6detail11thread_dataI19SegmentSearchWorkerEE[typeinfo for boost::detail::thread_data<SegmentSearchWorker>]+0x8): undefined reference to `typeinfo for boost::detail::thread_data_base'
    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
    make[2]: ** [segment_juncs] Error 1
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/auri/Downloads/tophat-2.0.4/src'
    make[1]: ** [all-recursive] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/auri/Downloads/tophat-2.0.4'
    make: ** [all] Error 2

I already tried two paths differents for boost on ./configure, but they finished with this same error when I do make.
    --with-boost=usr/include/boost
    --with-boost=$HOME/Downloads/boost_1_51_0

If someone can help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Same here.

I follow the instructions, and I came across the same problem. Have you found a solution, if you did, let me know. Thanks.

Comment

Yep, I found.
      Actually I tried something very simple and it worked: apt-get boost.
      And don't specify the path for boost when you to configure the tophat, only for samtools.

./configure --prefix=/path/to/tophat_base_dir --with-bam=/path/to/libbam_prefix_dir
      make
      make install

Comment

I had the same problem.
        My boost 1.51.0 library was located in /home/adam/Downloads/lib
        I did the following to solve the problem before installing TopHat:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/adam/Downloads/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
        export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

Comment

Thank you.

The solution worked.

Comment

Hi,

I am coming across a similar problem, but my error message is different (after doing "make" for tophat2):

boost::condition_variable::do_timed_wait(boost::unique_lock<boost::mutex>&, timespec const&)]+0xa1): undefined reference to `boost::system::system_category()'
            collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
            make[2]: *** [segment_juncs] Error 1
            make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/uni05/mtorres/Programms/tophat-2.0.5/src'
            make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
            make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/uni05/mtorres/Programms/tophat-2.0.5'
            make: *** [all] Error 2

I think I have a problem linking the boost library to tophat, but I cannor figure out how to correctly do it.

For installing boost I did:

./b2 --prefix=$HOME/bin/ link=static runtime-link=static stage install

I tried adamyo's solution and didn't work. And I cannot use apt-get in the server I work with.

Any help will be incredibly welcome!

Comment

Hi MontseT,

Do you tried build ./bjam?

Comment

Yes, that was the first I tried, as TopHat instructions say so.
                But while searching to solve the problem I found that, in boost, bjam has been in the last versions changed to b2.
                I got the same result in both cases

Comment

how to set the prefix

[QUOTE=Trindade;85710]Yep, I found.
                  Actually I tried something very simple and it worked: apt-get boost.
                  And don't specify the path for boost when you to configure the tophat, only for samtools.

./configure --prefix=/path/to/tophat_base_dir --with-bam=/path/to/libbam_prefix_dir
                  make
                  make install[/QU
                  hi dear,
                  i m facing similar problem as u have metnioned in installing Tophat 2.0.6 , i have followed ur solution i.e typing apt-get boost ., but it showed unknown command. I have installed my boost in /usr/local as mentioned in the Tophat website., and ran just ./configure in Tophat ., and then make comand which gave the exact error as u have mentioned.
                  how to give the prefix imean path to tophat base dorectory ., as my pwd of tophat is root/NGS/tophat 2.0.6 and bam, i have saved it exactly as followed in the site., can u please write those prefixes instead of mentioning /path/to .. i am new to linux and I am struggling to install the Tophat., any suggestion ll help me in understanding the problem.,

Comment

Do you tried sudo apt-get install boost and samtools is properly installed?
                    Maybe sudo apt-get install samtools can work too.

I think if you to install boost and samtools in your /usr/bin, tophat will found them by itself. But I don't know, it's just a idea.

Comment

Originally posted by sudheer.svss View Post
                      hi dear,
                      i m facing similar problem as u have metnioned in installing Tophat 2.0.6 , i have followed ur solution i.e typing apt-get boost ., but it showed unknown command. I have installed my boost in /usr/local as mentioned in the Tophat website., and ran just ./configure in Tophat ., and then make comand which gave the exact error as u have mentioned.
                      how to give the prefix imean path to tophat base dorectory ., as my pwd of tophat is root/NGS/tophat 2.0.6 and bam, i have saved it exactly as followed in the site., can u please write those prefixes instead of mentioning /path/to .. i am new to linux and I am struggling to install the Tophat., any suggestion ll help me in understanding the problem.,
                      The prefixes would be given like this based on the info you have provided:

./configure --prefix=/NGS/tophat 2.0.6 --with-bam=/NGS/bam

I assume when you said root/NGS/tophat 2.0.6 that word root means "/NGS/tophat 2.0.6". If you truly have a directory called "root" at the top level then the prefixes would be

./configure --prefix=/root/NGS/tophat 2.0.6 --with-bam=/root/NGS/bam

Did you do

Code:
                      sudo apt-get libboost
                      to install the boost libraries

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                        The prefixes would be given like this based on the info you have provided:

./configure --prefix=/NGS/tophat 2.0.6 --with-bam=/NGS/bam

I assume when you said root/NGS/tophat 2.0.6 that word root means "/NGS/tophat 2.0.6". If you truly have a directory called "root" at the top level then the prefixes would be

./configure --prefix=/root/NGS/tophat 2.0.6 --with-bam=/root/NGS/bam

Did you do

Code:
                        sudo apt-get libboost
                        to install the boost libraries
                        hi thanks a lot for ur suggestion., I have tried by entering command sudo apt-get libboost.,
                        but the error was bash :apt -get command not found ., and i have entered as a root user in my fedora 17.,

Comment

Originally posted by sudheer.svss View Post
                          hi thanks a lot for ur suggestion., I have tried by entering command sudo apt-get libboost.,
                          but the error was bash :apt -get command not found ., and i have entered as a root user in my fedora 17.,
                          You are using Fedora 17.

I am not sure if the necessary package is available but you could try

Code:
                          yum install libboost
                          "yum" is the Fedora equivalent of "apt-get" (which is used for ubuntu etc).

If that does not work then:
                          Here is a link from the boost site for instructions to build and install: http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/1_53_0...library-binary

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                          • seqadmin
                            Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                            by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                            03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post seqadmin  
                          Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                          0 responses