No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• picard add read groups

Hi all,

I've been trying to get around this problem for the last couple of days and |I haven't been able to do anything myself and haven't seen any solutions in any forums. Here's my problem:
    My data in a single lane run of illumina Truseq with 24 indexed samples. All the steps have been run using a bash script so all files have been processed in exactly the same way with exactly the same parameters.
    I have converted sam to bam, sorted, indexed and removed duplicates.
    Next I index the files then I perform the realignment around indels
    Then I fix the PE using picard
    Then for some reason it asks me to add header info using picard.
    I've done this for all files but when I've gone to the next step of quality count recalibration there are 5 files that fail.
    When I count the reads (using bamtools) before and after adding the header info I go from 4,032,483 to 3,578,753 reads in the bad files but 4,625,944 to 4,625,834 reads in the other 19 files that have worked.
    GATK keeps giving me an end of file EOF error and it looks like these 5 files are truncated but why just 5 out of 19 files processed in exactly the same way?
    I kow this is a bit of a long winded question but has anyone else had a similar problem?

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
  • seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
0 responses