SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scripture with paired-end data - problem NicoBxl Bioinformatics 6 07-15-2013 06:01 PM
Can Cuffdiff treat paired-end and single-end reads at the same time? zun RNA Sequencing 3 06-12-2012 06:37 PM
Can paired-end mapping produce more reads than single-end ? warrenemmett Bioinformatics 13 03-21-2012 12:10 AM
paired-end reads mapped to genome.. gene with only one direction of paired-end reads? danwiththeplan Bioinformatics 2 09-22-2011 03:06 AM
RNA-seq: Replicates, single-end, paired-end story pasta Bioinformatics 2 07-05-2011 12:51 AM

Old 07-25-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
EBER

Default paired-end and Scripture

Hello, I am slowly getting my hands on Scripture and have stumbled on yet another unclear (at least to me )detail. I have paired-end data and the two pairs are in a sigle TopHat-derived *.bam file. I have walked my way through the Tuxedo protocol and didn't need two files per paired-end alignment in Cufflinks or Cuffdiff. My question regarding Scripture is: How do I do I input my alignment file in the "makePairedFile" step?. So far I sorted by queryname with Picard and removed the headers with "sed '1,2d'. Given that I have a single file already, should I jump directly to sort/index with igvtools and then run Scripture with the flag -pairedEnd instead of alignment?

Help will be appreciated.
EBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 03:57 AM   #2
Chirag

Hey EBER,
Did u manage to solve it ?
As tophat takes both pair-ends at the same time, some of the steps mentioned in the walkthrough are not necessary, and kinda makes confusing. Any help will be appreciated.

cheers
Chirag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
Yt Shen

Hi Chirag,
Did you find something interesting for scripture? I mean that protocols about makepairedEnd. Does scripture can use the pair-end reads directly?

Any help will be appreciate
Yt Shen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:09 AM   #4
Chirag

I think i merged all the bam files (combine all replicates and stages), and ran the scripture. Was fine, comparable to Cufflinks.
Chirag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:59 PM   #5
Yt Shen

Dear Chirag,

If I want to ananlysis the AS event in each sample,also I need merge all the .bam file together?
Yt Shen is offline   Reply With Quote