SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cuffdiff missing genes/transcripts? swarbre Bioinformatics 4 05-14-2015 09:24 AM
Cufflinks transcripts.expr file shurjo Bioinformatics 9 10-28-2013 07:20 AM
transcripts missing from cufflinks djm2007 RNA Sequencing 3 05-30-2013 12:39 AM
Inquery: not-stranded transcripts ("." in strand column) in cufflinks output gtf file sunfuhui Bioinformatics 0 11-15-2012 03:43 PM
Cufflinks -g option yields many 0 FPKM transcripts and annotates them interestingly pettervikman Bioinformatics 2 11-11-2011 03:07 AM

Old 04-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #1
avi

Question Transcripts missing from Cufflinks FPKMtracking file. Run with -G option

Hi,

I am using Cufflinks with the -G option to get the FPKM values of all transcripts specified in the Ensembl annotation file. But when I look at the isoforms.FPKM_tracking file, I see that some of the transcript ids present in the annotation file are missing from this output file.

It is only a few transcripts (1700 out of approx 190,000 ). But I am curious as to why they are missing.

Many of the transcripts reported in the FPKM tracking file do have 0 FPKM values, so they are probably not missing because they have 0 FPKM. And the missing transcripts don't seem to have any particular trend. They are from all chromosomes in the genome. They include both protein_coding and other types of transcripts. So not sure why they would be missing.

Has anyone else had this same issue? Can I change anything to make those transcripts show up? Or should I just assume their FPKM values to be zero and proceed?

I am using Cufflinks 1.1.0 (I know its a fairly old version, but I don't have privileges to install a newer version on this machine.)

thanks in advance..
avi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cufflinks