BFAST fasta2brg help Esther Bioinformatics 4 05-10-2011 01:29 PM
BFAST bfast.submit.pl configuration epigen Bioinformatics 1 03-18-2011 07:51 AM
SHRiMP vs BFAST mathieu Bioinformatics 21 11-04-2010 12:55 AM
Bfast jsun529 Bioinformatics 19 11-12-2009 09:32 AM

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:09 PM   #1
nilshomer
Nils Homer

Red face BFAST thanks you for your help! (was: ... needs your help)

Dear seqanswers.com community,

We are preparing an R01 grant proposal to support the continued development of BFAST. To help ensure our funding, and thus continual support and improvement of BFAST, we would greatly appreciate your support emails and letters. Even a one sentence reply saying "I have used bfast", "I use bfast", or "I will use bfast", would be sufficient. I will keep users anonymous to the extent that I can given the grant process.

For those that willing to write letters of support, could you please email me with the letter (nilshomer@gmail.com); alternatively I can give you an address to which you can send the letter. Please give a brief description of the project(s) for which BFAST was used, how it has helped you, and how you will use it going forward. Feel free to send comments or suggestions to the BFAST mailing list (bfast-help@lists.sourceforge.net) or myself personally.

I am personally committed to supporting BFAST regardless and thank all the users who, through great feedback and suggestions, have made BFAST into what it is today.

Sincerely,

Nils Homer
nilshomer "at" gmail "dot" com
Old 04-14-2010, 09:24 PM   #2
ECO
--Site Admin--

Thread...to the front page with you!!

Good luck Nils!
Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 AM   #3
JohnK

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilshomer View Post

We are preparing an R01 grant proposal to support the continued development of BFAST. To help ensure our funding, and thus continual support and improvement of BFAST, we would greatly appreciate your support emails and letters. Even a one sentence reply saying "I have used bfast", "I use bfast", or "I will use bfast", would be sufficient. I will keep users anonymous to the extent that I can given the grant process.

For those that willing to write letters of support, could you please email me with the letter (nilshomer@gmail.com); alternatively I can give you an address to which you can send the letter. Please give a brief description of the project(s) for which BFAST was used, how it has helped you, and how you will use it going forward. Feel free to send comments or suggestions to the BFAST mailing list (bfast-help@lists.sourceforge.net) or myself personally.

I am personally committed to supporting BFAST regardless and thank all the users who, through great feedback and suggestions, have made BFAST into what it is today.

Sincerely,

Nils Homer
Good luck! I like BFAST!
Old 04-16-2010, 11:18 AM   #4
Nomijill

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilshomer View Post

Sincerely,

Nils Homer
I have only heard about BFAST and not yet had a chance to use it, but everything I heard at the NowGen conference was really positive. In this field, where we are all seeking to extract the greatest potential from the voluminous data, we cannot afford the loss of such a valuable tool. I hope that you get the funding to support it.

Naomi Thomson - CLC bio
Old 04-20-2010, 03:45 AM   #5
jdiezperezj

Default I have used bfast

I have used bfast
Old 04-21-2010, 08:29 PM   #6
ECO
--Site Admin--

Looks like the response was overwhelming. Thanks to all that responded.
Closed Thread

Tags
bfast