SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
going from RNA seq TopHat output to variant calls efoss Bioinformatics 12 11-11-2013 01:15 AM
Where can I get GM19240 HapMap cell line variant calls as VCF or a BED file adrian Bioinformatics 2 09-13-2012 01:27 AM
Variant calls with a low fraction of alt reads Jeremy37 Bioinformatics 9 04-17-2012 06:18 PM
convert CASAVA variant calls to VCF? krish Bioinformatics 0 12-01-2011 08:44 PM
Complete Genomics Variant Calls quicksand21 Bioinformatics 2 10-11-2011 07:21 AM

Old 06-27-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
splaisan
senior molecular biologist

Default merging and de-duplicating structural variant calls (bedpe)

(modified from the BioStar initial post)http://seqanswers.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif

I am looking for code/tools to merge and de-duplicate long lists of structural variants calls in bedpe or any other related format.

My lines come from merging numerous genome datasets and I want to identify redundant structural events, often overlapping in both ends, sometimes only at one end but leading to the similar gene disruption effect.

The author of Hydra (Aaron Q.) pointed me to a python script coming with his tool (dedupDiscordants.py). Thanks to Aaron's help I could finally get it to work on my data but the result is not deduplicated enough for my needs.

I would like to have control on each overlapping end independently and on the operation to apply to found overlapping calls (merge to shortest gap or to shortest common flank pieces for instance).

Anyone having pieces of code to find paired intersection between double coordinate calls (left arm / right arm of the junction) are welcome to comment and hopefully help.

Thanks in advance

Stephane
splaisan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedpe, junction, structural, sv-junction