SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Genomic Resequencing

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"allele balance ratio" and "quality by depth" in VCF files efoss Bioinformatics 2 10-25-2011 11:13 AM
The position file formats ".clocs" and "_pos.txt"? Ist there any difference? elgor Illumina/Solexa 0 06-27-2011 07:55 AM
FastQC "Per Base Sequence Content": systematic deviation at 3' end of reads d f Illumina/Solexa 4 09-28-2010 09:46 AM
"Systems biology and administration" & "Genome generation: no engineering allowed" seb567 Bioinformatics 0 05-25-2010 12:19 PM
SEQanswers second "publication": "How to map billions of short reads onto genomes" ECO Literature Watch 0 06-29-2009 11:49 PM

Old 06-06-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
roliwilhelm

Question Creating "Consensus" Sequence between Reference and Mapped Reads

Hello!

I've mapped all of my Ion Torrent reads (~100bp) to a reference genome (Bradyrhizobium ORS278) and I would like to someone how splice out all the Bradyrhizobium sequence that has >97% similarity to my mapped reads. I'd like to do this because I think (now correct me if I'm wrong) that this would be a good method for comparing the genetic make-up of my env. isolate to Bradyrhizobium. I'd then take this pseudo-consensus sequence (i.e consensus of all the ORFs/genes between my unknown and the unannotated genome) and run it through a pathways identifier.

Is it possible to say: give me all the sequence from my reference genome that has > 20 x reads mapped and spit it out as its own list of homologous genes?

Or, does anyone have a different approach?

Thanks in advance,
roliwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
nupurgupta

Did you figure this out please?
nupurgupta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 11:21 AM   #3
roliwilhelm

No! I have not yet figured this out, (mostly because this project is secondary to my main project), but if you or anyone else reading this thread have any input, I would be very appreciative!
roliwilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote