SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
EdgeR parameters and concepts flobpf Bioinformatics 6 12-21-2016 07:39 AM
Some help needed for plant reference assembly mht Bioinformatics 3 10-22-2012 01:10 AM
Finding a specific gene in transcriptome assembly psurana Bioinformatics 4 09-22-2011 01:14 PM
how to generate corresponding gene annotation for a combined assembly hibachings2013 RNA Sequencing 0 07-12-2011 05:16 AM

Old 10-24-2012, 01:57 PM   #1
newkid

Cool Tutor needed for concepts in gene assembly (gtalk, skype...)

Hi everyone,

I was looking for a tutor that would be willing to sit down for a few one hour long sessions, once or twice a week. These sessions would be to explain and walk me through a few important concepts involved in genome assembly (de novo, and via reference). We would be working with publicly available data sets in a linux environment over gtalk/skype.

It would be ideal to have someone that has a considerable amount of industrial experience in bioinformatics with a broad understanding of computational biology.

I would be willing to pay a reasonable rate via paypal or any other agreed medium! I'm on Pacific standard time, and am available weekends or late evenings.

A few sample questions--if you can answer these off the top of your head you're in great shape:

1. What is a k-mer value?
2. How big and what are the file formats generated from a illumina hi-seq machine at 30x coverage? (for e. coli...)
3. How are data sets trimmed? (popular programs to do so)

Cheers!

PM me if you would like!
newkid is offline   Reply With Quote