Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am afraid something has gone wrong with this run. Either specific index cycles failed (where you see the . ) or more likely (hate to say this) your libraries may have failed. Either scenario would make this data unusable.

Are you sure the adapters you used were good and/or there was no issue with the run itself (either hardware or software related)? You could submit a ticket to Illumina tech support. You seem to have access to full run folder so they will help you diagnose the problem. Even if you don't have a maintenance contract the diagnosis should be covered under regular tech support.

The file you attached above has an odd format that I have not seen before. Contact Illumina tech support and see what they have to say.
    Last edited by GenoMax; 04-02-2020, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      I am afraid something has gone wrong with this run. Either specific index cycles failed (where you see the . ) or more likely (hate to say this) your libraries may have failed. Either scenario would make this data unusable.

Are you sure the adapters you used were good and/or there was no issue with the run itself (either hardware or software related)? You could submit a ticket to Illumina tech support. You seem to have access to full run folder so they will help you diagnose the problem. Even if you don't have a maintenance contract the diagnosis should be covered under regular tech support.

The file you attached above has an odd format that I have not seen before. Contact Illumina tech support and see what they have to say.
      OK. I will do this and I hope I can find a solution. You can not imagine how much effort I have put to get this results.

Thank you very much for your support and I really appreciate your time spent to answer my queries.

Regards,

Comment

Please come back and post when you hear from tech support. I am curious to see the outcome of this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
          Ah so your run was dual-indexed. I am puzzled as to why your reads don't have any index sequence in fastq headers.
          For MiSeq data, MiSeq Reporter and I think BaseSpace don't include the index sequence in the headers.
          Josh Kinman

Comment

Originally posted by jdk787 View Post
            For MiSeq data, MiSeq Reporter and I think BaseSpace don't include the index sequence in the headers.
            I see. We don't use either. Thanks for that info.

In any case the Demux file seems to be in a different format. Again may be due to use of MiSeq reporter/BaseSpace.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
              Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
              by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
              03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
            • seqadmin
              Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
              by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
              Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
              03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post seqadmin  
            Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
            0 responses