SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
pysam: a python wrapper of samtools TGBelgard Bioinformatics 36 01-28-2016 03:13 AM
pybedtools - a Python wrapper for BEDTools daler Bioinformatics 7 09-30-2014 12:10 PM
Trouble with RG line FGponce Bioinformatics 0 01-31-2013 12:57 AM
bowtie wrapper script lh3 Bioinformatics 5 06-28-2012 12:27 PM

Old 10-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #1
lysosome

Default Trouble with edgeR (within Trinity wrapper)

Hello everyone! I am much a neophyte to RNAseq analysis, so please bear with me.

I am trying to analyze an RNAseq dataset consisting of 3 treatments, with no replication. Each treatment has approximately 30 million reads.

The de novo assembly of all reads (combined from all treatments, following trimming) seemingly went smoothly. After mapping reads of each treatment to the transcriptome assembly using RSEM, I run into trouble.

I merged my 3 isoforms.results files using merge_RSEM_frag_counts_single_table.pl. After extracting transcript length information from one of the isoform.results files, I attempted to run edgeR, as follows:
------------
$ /home/user/software/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/Analysis/DifferentialExpression/run_DE_analysis.pl --matrix /workarea/user/treatmenttrim/transcripts.counts.matrix --method edgeR --output /workarea/user/treatmenttrim/edgeR --no_eff_length
Unknown option: no_eff_length
Got 3 samples, and got: 4 data fields.
Header: treatment_notx.isoforms.results treatment_15.isoforms.results treatment_30.isoforms.results
Next: comp135535_c0_seq1 0.00 0.00 0.00

$VAR1 = {
'treatment_15' => 2,
'treatment_notx' => 1,
'treatment_30' => 3
};
$VAR1 = {
'treatment_15' => [
'treatment_15'
],
'treatment_notx' => [
'treatment_notx'
],
'treatment_30' => [
'treatment_30'
]
};
Samples to compare: $VAR1 = [
'treatment_15',
'treatment_notx',
'treatment_30'
];

CMD: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_15_vs_treatment_notx.treatment_15.vs.treatment_notx.EdgeR.Rscript
sh: R: command not found
Error, cmd: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_15_vs_treatment_notx.treatment_15.vs.treatment_notx.EdgeR.Rscript died with ret (32512) at /home/user/software/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/Analysis/DifferentialExpression/run_DE_analysis.pl line 439.

WARNING: This EdgeR comparison failed...

CMD: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_15_vs_treatment_30.treatment_15.vs.treatment_30.EdgeR.Rscript
Error, cmd: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_15_vs_treatment_30.treatment_15.vs.treatment_30.EdgeR.Rscript died with ret (32512) at /home/user/software/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/Analysis/DifferentialExpression/run_DE_analysis.pl line 439.

CMD: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_30_vs_treatment_notx.treatment_30.vs.treatment_notx.EdgeR.Rscript
Error, cmd: R --vanilla -q < transcripts.counts.matrix.treatment_30_vs_treatment_notx.treatment_30.vs.treatment_notx.EdgeR.Rscript died with ret (32512) at /home/user/software/trinityrnaseq_r2013_08_14/Analysis/DifferentialExpression/run_DE_analysis.pl line 439.

------------

I imagine I have made a rather foolish error... Are the errors suggesting that R is not correctly installed? I would appreciate any assistance.

Thank you!
lysosome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #2
Kennels

yes, it cannot find your R installation. Did you install it?
If so, try putting it in your PATH.
e.g.

Code:
export PATH=/path/to/R:$PATH
where /path/to/R is where you installed R.

then type 'R' in your command line and see if it loads.
To exit R, type 'quit()'
Kennels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
lysosome

Hello Kennels,

Thanks for your help - R was installed, but foolishly/ignorantly was not in my PATH.
lysosome is offline   Reply With Quote