SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Metagenomics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replicates With Different Sonication Times Dario1984 Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 06-16-2013 07:00 PM
Library prep woes unusual bioanalyzer profile of Illumina RNA-seq library petey Sample Prep / Library Generation 1 11-19-2012 10:00 AM
PCR-based target resequencing with Illumina ugm6hr Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 10-05-2012 05:04 AM
Illumina Hi/MiSeq turn around times adaptivegenome Core Facilities 4 09-14-2012 08:03 AM
Illumina for resequencing E. coli jkersh Illumina/Solexa 16 11-11-2010 01:05 PM

Old 10-01-2014, 04:47 AM   #1
sinnafoch

Default Resequencing the same Illumina library several times

Hi,

I hope I am in the right forum. I have a Illumina library made of total RNA for a metatranscriptomics study.
If I sequence the library several times under the same conditions, can I expect (more or less) the same results? Same number of reads? Same distribution of reads across different taxa?

many thanks,

Philipp
sinnafoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 05:22 AM   #2
nucacidhunter
Jafar Jabbari

You can expect similar results, though you should expect some variation in read number around +/-10% which may affect quality of reads and hence results. For instance, if first sequencing run clustered in high side of recommended density and the subsequent run was clustered10% higher than first run that will affect quality adversely and consequently your analysis results. But if it clustered lower than first run you will get less reads possibly with higher quality and that is less likely to affect the results.
nucacidhunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illumina, metatranscriptomics, rna