SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Illumina library quantification deepakpatilp Illumina/Solexa 75 06-24-2013 10:21 AM
Alternative sizing method for 454 PE libraries? CC_seqanswers Sample Prep / Library Generation 12 08-01-2011 07:10 AM
RNA-Seq: NSMAP: A Method for Spliced Isoforms Identification and Quantification from Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 05-18-2011 03:30 AM
qPCR quantification of mRNA seq libraries: strange amplicon sizes Martin_Ranik Illumina/Solexa 2 06-23-2009 05:31 AM

Old 07-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #1
RezaFalsafi

Default Quantification method-iLlumina libraries

Hello, I prepare libraries for RNAseq for a GAIIx we have. I use both High sensitivity DNA chip and KAPA library quant kit to quantify my samples. However, I have noticed sometimes for some samples the concentrations are way off as when I put even 4 pm i do nnot get anything and it seems over clustered(too many clusters/mm2)
any suggestion or any kits/method I could reliably use so it does not have the limitation of not quantifying very highly concentrated samples?

Thanks a lot in advance
RezaFalsafi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 01:01 AM   #2
SS00
PhD Student

For high concentrated samples (e.g. with >5cycles PCR) I tend to nanodrop the sample first to get a rough reading of the concentration and dilute down to a range I have confidence that qPCR can quantify, for me that is 30nM (by Nanodrop).

You might also try swapping out your standards from KAPA standards to one that is more similar to your sample. E.g. if you are qPCRing RNAseq libraries, choose a sample you have gotten good concentrations from at a given loading concentration and use that to prepare your standards for qPCR.
SS00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #3
RezaFalsafi

Thanks a lot for the help will do so next time.
RezaFalsafi is offline   Reply With Quote