SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Using log2 read counts for RNA-seq heatmap xiefanfang@gmail.com RNA Sequencing 2 05-07-2014 02:02 AM
RPKM and read counts from RNA-seq rakesh12 Bioinformatics 1 06-28-2012 08:58 AM
How to count Paired-End reads for RNA-Seq read counts epistatic RNA Sequencing 0 08-31-2011 02:44 PM
RNA-seq: read counts in single- vs paired-end sequences fbarreto Illumina/Solexa 4 08-03-2011 05:19 PM
RNA SEQ Data read counts from known and unknown regions deveci Bioinformatics 0 06-24-2011 02:33 PM

Old 04-28-2014, 11:42 AM   #1
WHP

Default Small RNA Read Counts

New to NGS data, currently analyzing small RNA seq data with emphasis on piRNAs, looking to eventually do differential expression analysis. I have my reads aligned, but now a little unsure of how best to go about getting total read counts for the areas of the genome I am interested in. I have ~500 genomic coordinates for regions of interest which should be areas of piRNA production.

I'm thinking of using bedtools to get a count of alignments which overlap with my ~500 regions. Is there a better way to do this? Suggestions and useful commands/parameters/programs very welcome.

Cheers

Last edited by WHP; 04-28-2014 at 11:53 AM.
WHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 01:06 PM   #2
Bukowski

htseq-count is often used for this.

http://www-huber.embl.de/users/ander...doc/count.html
Bukowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 08:37 PM   #3
vivi-Jasmine

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHP View Post
New to NGS data, currently analyzing small RNA seq data with emphasis on piRNAs, looking to eventually do differential expression analysis. I have my reads aligned, but now a little unsure of how best to go about getting total read counts for the areas of the genome I am interested in. I have ~500 genomic coordinates for regions of interest which should be areas of piRNA production.

I'm thinking of using bedtools to get a count of alignments which overlap with my ~500 regions. Is there a better way to do this? Suggestions and useful commands/parameters/programs very welcome.

Cheers
Hi, did you resolve your problem? I come across the same question.
vivi-Jasmine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedtools, pirnas, read counts, small rna-seq