Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MultiQC has been published! You can find the manuscript about it in Bioinformatics, DOI 10.1093/bioinformatics/btw354.

Version v0.6 now available through PyPI / Bioconda / GitHub / at http://multiqc.info - v0.7 due to be released soon.

Comment

well. excelent work. i can see many novel modules added in your published version. I like this tool

Comment

Congratulations for the great work!
        Can I ask a naif question - how does publishing work in cases like this one, where the software is made widely available for use (i.e. published to users) before the "official" publication? Are there any specific caveats? Copyright issues? Prior publishing issues?
        Thank you!

Comment

Hi r.rosati

Thanks! As long as there is no published manuscript describing the software, then I think it's fine. In fact, I think having the software already open source and covered by an open-source licence at the time of submission is recommended (I usually request this when reviewing other people's papers).

Basically - the journal doesn't own any copyright over the software itself, only the manuscript.

Phil

Comment

Hi everyone,

Version 0.7 of MultiQC has just been released! There's a new module for Kallisto, plus a lot of tweaking, tidying, bugfixing and new features. See the release for the full changelog.

You can now get MultiQC in Galaxy too (work by @devengineson, @yvanlebras & @cmonjeau).

MultiQC v0.7 is now available through PyPI / Bioconda / GitHub and http://multiqc.info

Comment

Quick update - version 0.8 of MultiQC has just been released!

New modules: GATK, Bcftools and QUAST. New submodules for Picard, RSeQC and samtools.

There are numerous other bugfixes and additions, you can see the full change log at the release page: https://github.com/ewels/MultiQC/releases/tag/v0.8

MultiQC v0.8 is now available through PyPI / Bioconda / GitHub and http://multiqc.info

Comment

Just to try to keep this thread a little up to date - as an early Christmas present I've just released v0.9 of MultiQC. Download and see the changelog https://github.com/ewels/MultiQC/releases/tag/v0.9 or update through the normal channels (PyPI, Conda etc).

Phil

Comment

Hi all,

MultiQC v1.0 released and available at https://github.com/ewels/MultiQC/releases/tag/v1.0

Some nice improvements in speed and report performance in this release, plus several new modules and features.

Phil

Comment

Hi Phil,

Thanks for this great tool. I am using v1.0, and it is awesome.

I am trying to use the --renames-samples tag, but it seems to pull in the second line as the button names. Is that the intended functionality or a bug?

Thanks,
                    Adam

Comment

Hi Adam,

Glad you like it! Are you talking about the new --sample-names command line option? The intended functionality is to take the first line as button names (as with the example in the docs). If it's taking the second line then that's probably a bug. If you could post an issue with an example file so that I can try to replicate the problem then that would be brilliant..

Phil

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                      • seqadmin
                        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post seqadmin  
                      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                      0 responses