SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Sample Prep / Library Generation

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adapting TruSeq RNA-Seq Protocol JayS Sample Prep / Library Generation 3 04-13-2011 07:58 PM
mRNA library prep alternative protocol lvandiepen RNA Sequencing 0 01-18-2011 05:19 PM
Illumina directional RNA-seq protocol Herve Illumina/Solexa 10 06-13-2010 08:18 AM
Illumina mRNA-seq protocol Xi Wang Sample Prep / Library Generation 0 01-02-2010 07:13 AM

Old 02-25-2010, 08:42 AM   #1
ik76

Default illumina alternative v1.5 protocol for small rna seq vs. the standard protocol

Hi All,
I was just wandering whether anybody had successfully used the illumina alternative v1.5 small RNA sample prep protocol . We tried but the only thing we could detect was adapter contamination.
If anybody has used it successfully can they comment on the 3' adapter ligation protocol ( the one using T4 RNA ligase 2 truncated). I was wandering why the portocol uses such a high Mg concentration ( 10mM I believe) and does not use PEG.
ik76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 03:24 PM   #2
Bioo Scientific
Registered Vendor

Default Troubleshooting v1.5 sample prep protocol

Where did you get your adapter? What concentration of adapter did you use and how many units of ligase did you use? Adding too much adapter may lead to primer dimers and other artificial PCR products.

We have used the v1.5 sample prep protocol using our own enzyme, AIR Ligase, a truncated T4 RNA Ligase 2 successfully with our adenylated adapters. We would be happy to send you our recommended protocol and a sample of T4 RNA Ligase 2 (truncated).

Dawn Obermoeller
Bioo Scientific

Last edited by Bioo Scientific; 09-15-2015 at 11:49 AM.
Bioo Scientific is offline   Reply With Quote