No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mergeBed -scores help

Hi,

I am attempting to run mergeBed on a bed file with 4 columns: chr start end and fold_enrichment FDR(%).

I wish to merge intervals which are within 100bp and keep the max FDR score associated with the interval. When I run the following command:

mergeBed -scores max -d 100 -i input.bed > output.bed

I get the following error:

*****ERROR: No scores found to report for the -scores option. Exiting.

The output file has one row containing only a chr, start and end (no FDR).

Any advice of how to get this command to work would be gratefully received : )

Thank you.

Hi,

the issue is that the 'score' must be column 5, you have it in 4. From https://genome.ucsc.edu/FAQ/FAQformat.html:

BED format provides a flexible way to define the data lines that are displayed in an annotation track. BED lines have three required fields and nine additional optional fields. The number of fields per line must be consistent throughout any single set of data in an annotation track. The order of the optional fields is binding: lower-numbered fields must always be populated if higher-numbered fields are used.
    If you just insert a 4th column with a name prior to the score column (easy in Awk if you're using Linux) then it should work.

Hope that helps.

Comment

Thank you for such a quick and helpful reply! : )

Comment

That has worked. Thank you : D

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
          Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
          by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
          03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
        • seqadmin
          Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
          by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
          Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
          03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post seqadmin  
        Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
        0 responses