SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anybody interested in running OLB/Casava on Solaris? dawe Bioinformatics 13 05-19-2011 08:31 PM
How to handle this dataset? ips Bioinformatics 6 03-21-2011 04:29 PM
OLB 1.6.1 vs 1.8.0 cbrennan Illumina/Solexa 1 08-10-2010 06:35 AM
Building OLB for MacOS cabroadb Bioinformatics 4 08-04-2010 11:10 AM
Adjusting OLB Firecrest cluster identification agagne Illumina/Solexa 9 05-05-2010 07:10 AM

Old 05-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
HMorrison

Default need test dataset for OLB

How can I get a test dataset for OLB 1.9? I realize they are huge, but we need one (with config.xml, filter/bcl/txt files...the works). Can NOT get setupBclToQseq.py to run.
HMorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #2
simonandrews
Simon Andrews

Can't help with the dataset, but we also had a problem with setupBclToQseq. In our case the problem appeared to be that we tried to run GERALD before having done the qseq conversion. This obviously failed, but also seemed to change something which then made setupBclToQseq fail (it just sat in an infinite loop writing out the same config files over and over again).

We spent a while troubleshooting this with Illumina tech support but in the end we gave up and reprocessed from intensities.

If your problem is similar and you get to the bottom of it I'd be interested to hear what it was.
simonandrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:02 AM   #3
HMorrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by simonandrews View Post
Can't help with the dataset, but we also had a problem with setupBclToQseq. In our case the problem appeared to be that we tried to run GERALD before having done the qseq conversion. This obviously failed, but also seemed to change something which then made setupBclToQseq fail (it just sat in an infinite loop writing out the same config files over and over again).

We spent a while troubleshooting this with Illumina tech support but in the end we gave up and reprocessed from intensities.

If your problem is similar and you get to the bottom of it I'd be interested to hear what it was.
The latest we've heard is that BclConverter that's included in OLB 1.9.0 is incompatible with HiSeq RTA version installed (last month!!)--I can't understand why the problem is unique to our site. No one here has been terrifically impressed by the troubleshooting abilities of Illumina folks, both at hardware and s/w end. Next step is to install v 1.9.1, apparently just made available at iCom site yesterday...then to try it all again.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
MRSeq

Hello,

did you solve the problem. I am also looking for a test data for OLB - can you point me to some or share yours? I know these are huge files but at least we are both on the same side of the pond :-)
MRSeq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 12:24 PM   #5
HMorrison

Default No dataset found

Never got one, sorry. We are using CASAVA 1.8 at this stage, so it's all one step.
Old 01-27-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
MRSeq

Hi Hillary,

Thank you for such a prompt answer. I would actually would like to use OLB for image analysis - if I understand correctly, the image analysis functionality is still there, using it is just deprecated. Therefore, CASAVA would not solve our problems. Anyway, it would be nice to have a complete HiSeq test data set available.
MRSeq is offline   Reply With Quote