SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > Epigenetics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SICER (histone ChIP-Seq) rebrendi Bioinformatics 2 02-23-2012 08:46 AM
The difference on wiggle file from SICER and MACS tujchl Bioinformatics 7 01-05-2012 10:58 PM
Remove redundancy from 454 data sklages 454 Pyrosequencing 2 09-23-2010 07:14 AM
threshold alperyilmaz RNA Sequencing 1 02-09-2010 10:09 AM

Old 06-28-2012, 09:31 AM   #1
ParthavJailwala

Default SICER: redundancy threshold parameter

I am looking for some help in setting the 'redundancy threshold' parameter that is to be specified while running SICER for calling peaks from histone data. The protein of interest here is a high mobility group nucleosome binding protein (HMGN1) which is predicted to have broad histone-like peaks.

As I do not want to remove duplicate reads from the input BED file, what do I specify for the 'redundancy threshold' on the command line. I am not able to leave it blank, as SICER expects something in that field.

I will appreciate any help or pointer in setting this parameter.

Thanks
ParthavJailwala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:55 AM   #2
Kulvait

The redundancy threshold parameter is handled by python script src/remove_redundant_reads.py

Code:
if current_count <= cutoff:
     o.write('\t'.join(sline)+'\n')
     retained += 1
If you really want to retain all the duplicates in your bed file then you have to set this parameter (cutoff) higher than maximum number of duplicates in your bed file. 2147483647 should be in most cases OK

Duplicate is defined like a reed with the same start and stop coordinate, some orientation on the same chromosome. If there will be for example 2147483645 reads of the same specification above it will be then retained.
Kulvait is offline   Reply With Quote