SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Bioinformatics > Bioinformatics

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GATK Haplotype Caller calls Indels in SOLID reads that IGV does not Display wariobrega SOLiD 5 08-12-2015 06:46 AM
Haplotype caller 3.2 versions not calling a true variant Grebmot Genomic Resequencing 0 08-25-2014 02:08 PM
GATK Haplotype caller missing calls nvteja Bioinformatics 0 11-29-2012 06:51 AM
Haplotype caller empyrean Bioinformatics 0 08-23-2012 06:44 PM
indel caller - GATK or Pindel, or anything else? caswater Bioinformatics 0 06-28-2012 10:11 AM

Old 05-31-2016, 01:16 PM   #1
JWolters

Default Building vcf of known variants for GATK Haplotype Caller with GENOTYPE_GIVEN_ALLELES

I have reads from a pool of recombinants between two parental genomes.

As such, I am only interested in calling variants for the known set of variable alleles between the two parental genomes.

The GATK haplotype caller allows for this with the argument GENOTYPE_GIVEN_ALLELES and by providing the -alleles argument with a vcf file with the variable sites and alleles of interest.

However, I have been unable to find any type of guide anywhere for the preparation of this file and I have limited experience working with vcf files.

Ideally, I would like to generate this file directly from an alignment of these two genomes, but my normal workflow involving multiple sequence alignment does not output a vcf file.

Does anyone have any tips on a good workflow for generating the file for this purpose?
JWolters is offline   Reply With Quote