SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Illumina/Solexa

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ChIP-Seq: Single-tube linear DNA amplification (LinDA) for robust ChIP-seq. Newsbot! Literature Watch 19 02-29-2016 07:08 PM
Starting concentration of sample/control in ChIP Seq mnandita Epigenetics 2 12-15-2011 09:02 AM
TruSeq DNA adapters in RNA-seq prep... concentration? ScottC Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 09-10-2011 02:38 AM
ChIP-Seq: ChIP-Seq Using High-Throughput DNA Sequencing for Genome-Wide Identificatio Newsbot! Literature Watch 0 10-16-2010 02:00 AM
Anyone use low concentration for ChIP-seq prep? Audry888 Sample Prep / Library Generation 4 05-28-2010 11:37 AM

Old 10-05-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
jazz

Default ChIP-seq DNA concentration

Hi everyone,
I am doing a ChIP-seq using Illumina platform. After IP, I have less than 10 ng of DNA, while I have at least 10-fold excess in Input. My question is whether it is important to use same amount of Input and ChIP DNA before library preparation. The reason I am worried about this is 2-fold
a) If using different IP and input DNA before library prep, how else is the data normalized?
b) If starting with different amounts of DNA in the final PCR amplification step, there could be a differential amplification of some regions, skewing the data.

What are your thoughts.
Thanks for all inputs.
jazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 07:16 AM   #2
kthai

Yes, I completely agree with you. When I prepare my ChIP-Seq libraries, the input and IP concentrations are the same to reduce any biases, especially during the amplification stage.
kthai is offline   Reply With Quote