Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pooling libs. for Novaseq. How many reads/coverage?

Hi,

I need to pool 10 multiplexed libraries with different insert sizes (from 245 to 285 bp). Two of the libraries are inputs. The rest are IPs. We ordered 50 million reads for each library, 150 paired ends reads.

The core now is going to mix the libraries. The core asked about the concentration I want my libraries to have at. I first planned to have the libs at equal molar concentration, but now I doubt. We sequence samples of the whole human genome (inputs) and fractions of that genome (IPs). It looks like I have to have higher coverage for the whole genome (inputs). That human genome has multiple genetic aberrations.

Different resources recommend different coverage for ChIP:
    100x [1] or 10-40X [2]. The recommended number of reads is 20-40 millions [3].

If I calculate coverage,
    C=L_reads*#reads/HGenome_length, where
    L_reads equal to 150*2=300bp;
    # reads, number of reads, 50*10^6;
    HGenome_length - length of human genome is ~3*10^9 bp;
    C = (300*50 10^6)/(3 10^9) = 5
    Assuming I have only 50% of useful reads, it is just 2.5X...

It feels wrong as number of reads is huge.

I can remove 5 of the samples. In theory, it increases the coverage two times.

I can increase input concentration. How how much?

I am confused, please help.

[1] https://www.illumina.com/content/dam...alculation.pdf
    [2] https://genohub.com/next-generation-...-guide/#depth2
    [3] https://genohub.com/recommended-sequ...y-application/

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 03-27-2024, 06:07 PM
0 responses