SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > General

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GFF to fasta (intergenic regions and introns) gaby Bioinformatics 25 10-27-2014 05:54 AM
extract strand information from bam file in a specific position paperblu Bioinformatics 2 07-15-2014 08:35 AM
How to extract intergenetic spacer regions from genbank file? sanvva Bioinformatics 4 01-19-2014 01:49 AM
Extract reads from multiple regions from bam file meher Bioinformatics 7 12-14-2012 04:18 AM
extract alignment from SAM with a GFF file NicoBxl Bioinformatics 4 08-02-2011 02:45 PM

Old 04-27-2018, 12:54 AM   #1
Alasdeceniza

Default Extract intergenic regions from gff file and keep the strand of neighbour genes

Hello community,
I am working with a gff file and I need to extract all the intergenic regions from there. That is easy, the problem is that I need to classify them (according to the strand of the neighbour genes) in Intergenic-nonSSR (no Strand Switch Regions) if the strand of at both sides of the region is the same, dSSR (divergent SSR) if the strand of the right is + and at the left is -, and cSSR (convergent SSR) if the strand of the right is - and at the left is +. I cannot figure out how to do that and I would appreciate any help on this. Any idea?
Thanks a lot in advance
Alasdeceniza is offline   Reply With Quote