Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGS read mapper that would extend the seeding contig.

The biological problem I am solving is to try finding an integration site for a certain sequence into a large mammalian genome. I know the sequence of the integrating element, and it is not that big (under 10kb). The data I have are from PacBio run, so there will be low coverage and low read quality. What I would like to do is to start by mapping the reads to a known integration sequence, and then gradually extend it using long(er) PacBio reads. I would extend for a few kb and then use the extended sequence to map the location on the genome.

Do you guys know of any mapper/tool that would to that kind of thing?

Low quality of reads can be solved by using circular consensus reads that would have much higher accuracy (95% and higher) then standard reads (85%). So I mainly need pointers to existing software, but literature references and other suggestions would be also much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Why not try a de novo assembly of the reads and look if the integration element is present ? Or is this not really feasible with the reads you have ? Newbler should work fine if the reads are under 2000bp.

If you insist on mapping try using a long read mapper like BWA-SW or whatever the ending was !

You could iteratively map and extend either manually or with something like Consed.

Good luck!

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
    • seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
    0 responses