Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question

What is the level of degradation of RNA induced by the kit?Many people are telling me that they are getting degraded rna at the end of the ribozero kit...do you have a way to check that?

Comment

You can use Agilent Bioanalyzer RNA chip to check your RNA integrity.

Comment

Since the first step in making an RNA-Seq library is fragmenting the RNA I don't see why degradation would be a problem.

Comment

We haven't seen degradation when testing for common transcripts on Northerns. You do retain the small-RNA fraction after purification if you use the recommended Zymo columns; perhaps this is being confused for degradation products.
          Connect with Epicentre: Facebook | Twitter

Comment

Hello,

I am involve in mixed microbial community research and i plan to realise a deep sequencing mRNA on total bacterial popuation. You propose two different Ribo-Zero rRNA removal kit for bacteria, one specific for Gram positive bactria and an other one specific to Gram negative bacteria. Nevertheless I interessted by rRNA removal on total RNA present. Could you tell me which kit match best with my project?

Tanks

Comment

At this point, my recommendation would be one round of each kit. However, we are working on a kit that will be suitable for total bacteria populations. I'll get in touch with you if you're interested in our beta-testing program.

Comment

I am currently performing some LCM on human samples and wish to deplete rRNA before embarking on amplification for RNAseq. Do you think this kit would be appropriate, is it compatible with different amplification steps such as NuGene?

Jo

Comment

We have a low-input version of the Ribo-Zero (H/M/R) kit; however, it still requires 100 ng total RNA. It would not be suitable for single-cell amounts of RNA. If your RNA amplification procedure is designed to amplify mRNA, having the rRNA present shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by epibio View Post
                    Although the current kit is not configured specifically for low input, we do have customers who have scaled the protocol for use with ~50 ng total RNA. You would need additional spin filters since you're processing more samples than the kit was designed for, but it will work.
                    Can you tell us what type exactly the spin filters are?

Comment

We don't release manufacturing information, but any generic 0.22-micron sterile microfilter units would work. They are merely designed to remove the microspheres from the reaction.

Comment

Would this kit work removing rRNA from yeast (Saccharomyces)?

Comment

Invitrogen has a yeast RiboMinus kit

Comment

Originally posted by madseq View Post
                            Would this kit work removing rRNA from yeast (Saccharomyces)?
                            The H/M/R kit will give you >99% rRNA reduction from yeast, as long as you have high-quality (intact) RNA. If you're interested in beta-testing a yeast-specific kit, please send me a PM or contact me using the link on my profile page.

Comment

Hey there,

I work on a host-parasite interaction where the parasite (Gram-negative) is intracellular. I want to sequence its transcripts but I have no idea what the proportion should be from the total RNA one extracts from the host... I wanted thus to remove all host's rRNA and this kit looks like convenient. The host is Drosophila: do you think the kit would work?

Thanks in advance

Comment

The H/M/R kit will work reasonably well with Drosophila (see our blog post). If you wanted to remove the parasite's rRNA as well, you could try a combination of the H/M/R kit and the Gram-negative kit. It would require some optimization to get the right ratio of rRNA removal solutions for your samples.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                                  by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                                  04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                                0 responses