No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• converting mirDB target ids to ensembl ids

Hi,

I have about 3000 miRNA targets from miRDB. I am needing to convert the target identifiers into Ensembl ids (mouse btw). About 2k of these convert using biomaRt in R. The other 1k I am not sure how to handle programmatically as I can't figure out what id type they are.

Most convert using either refseq_mrna (Refseq mRNA ID(s) [e.g. NM_001195244]) or refseq_mrna_predicted (Refseq Predicted mRNA ID(s) [e.g. XM_889253])

An example of one that doesn't convert: "NM_001042565". Looking this up in Ensembl via the main search I get "novel transcript (Mouse Transcript)". So I know it is there. I have taken the identifier and tried to convert it using Ensembl's BioMart using the filter option with most of the gene/transcript looking options and do not get anything back.

What filter option should I use to get all the miRDB target id's to convert to Ensembl IDs???

Thanks,
    Bob

Took a quick look at both Ensembl and Ncbi considering the transcript "NM_001042565". I tried its gene "Wsb1" to get all the transcript information.

NM_001042565.3 = ENSMUST00000017821 (Wsb1-001)
    NM_019653.3 however, has no corresponding Ensembl transcript.

This would probably be why NM_001042565 doesn't get converted, since biomart would not contain an id-id mapping information for such transcript.

Anyway, what does the original "miRDB target id" look like?

Comment

Hi,

thanks for the reply. That is the target id. From miRDB:

mmu-miR-669f-3p NM_001042565 99.7800236967459

I suppose I could get around the ensembl id's by using gene name, but I still need a way to bulk convert the id's to gene names.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
        by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
        03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
      • seqadmin
        Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
        by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
        Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
        03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
      0 responses