No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to submit Illimina fastq to SRA?

Hi all,

Does the anybody have experience in Illumina data submission to the Short Read Archive (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Traces/sra)? After reading official documentation (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/Traces/s...Guidelines.pdf), I still don't know how to.
    I've already created study, experiment and run through the web interface, but I don't know how to upload my read data and link it to the study or run?

Thank you!

If the data is RNA-seq data, then I would recommend creating a GEO submission instead. Then GEO's pipeline automatically creates an SRA submission for you. In my opinion, their instructions and website are more user friendly.

Comment

Originally posted by malachig View Post
      If the data is RNA-seq data, then I would recommend creating a GEO submission instead. Then GEO's pipeline automatically creates an SRA submission for you. In my opinion, their instructions and website are more user friendly.
      Thank you Malachig. My data is not RNA-seq data, but like that. I mailto the SRA yesterday, now I probably know how to do this but haven't tried yet. The rough steps: First create a RUN module through SRA website, then mailto SRA to ask for a FTP password and upload the data to FTP (not compressed), then they will process the data and update the info for your submission.

Comment

Hi, I found the european ERA staff at the EBI to be very helpful. They had pretty good documentation too, but you need to email the staff there first who provide you with the relevant files, as the style sheets you can download are confusing.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by colindaven View Post
          Hi, I found the european ERA staff at the EBI to be very helpful. They had pretty good documentation too, but you need to email the staff there first who provide you with the relevant files, as the style sheets you can download are confusing.

Good luck
          Thank you colindaven! I emailed just now, hope it works.

And, I also tried upload the data to FTP, and the SRA did process my reads but error ocurred:

data-load: run file problems data inconsistent - length of reads found do not match experiment: ''HWUSI-EAS1571_0012:8:1:1017:20197'' data inconsistent - failed to load data with interface version 1.0
          2010-09-23 09:06:02 data-load: run file problems
          data-load: run file problems
          data inconsistent - length of reads found do not match experiment: ''HWUSI-EAS1571_0012:8:1:1017:20197''
          data inconsistent - failed to load data with interface version 1.0

my read is like this:
          @HWUSI-EAS1571_0012:8:61:19449:1260#0/1
          GAACGTCATGAACGCAGAGTGGCCTTGCTGCCACGATCCACTGAGATTCAGCCCTTTGTCGCTAAGATTCGG
          +HWUSI-EAS1571_0012:8:61:19449:1260#0/1
          eeffffffeafffffcefffedfff^cdddeeec`ddddddb`d^`Y`a`bcdda__b]b_cL^Y_Y_^^^_

Maybe I wrote the "flowcell" and "lane" wrongly (as attached). What's the flowcell? (I just know the sequence but know little about the sequencing) From the read header (@HWUSI-EAS1571_0012:8:61:19449:1260#0/1), I think lane=8.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by xhuister View Post
            Thank you Malachig. My data is not RNA-seq data, but like that. I mailto the SRA yesterday, now I probably know how to do this but haven't tried yet. The rough steps: First create a RUN module through SRA website, then mailto SRA to ask for a FTP password and upload the data to FTP (not compressed), then they will process the data and update the info for your submission.
            Hi xhuister,

so I try to send my reads to the SRA but I have some problem. I make project, sample, experiment and RUN. In the last page of run submission they give me a password and an id for ftp private up-load of my data. I've some problem on up-loading data using FTP. I use ncftp for ubuntu, but it seems it does not works.
            Have you some suggestion?

Comment

xhuister, check your read lengths. That is what the error message seems to be indicating. You could also try entering the flowcell as "Illumina:@HWUSI-EAS1571_0012". That is the format I used and it worked.

Ariani_Andrea, try regular "ftp". I have not used ncftp, but I know sftp did not work.

Comment

SRA errors uploading fastq files

Hi all,

I was trying to upload several human exomes (fastq files) to SRA but I have several problems and I couldn't obtain and answer from sra so I would like to ask if anybody had the same errors.
                I used the SRA submission portal and when I completed all the submission steps I got the following error for several files:
                XXX_2.fastq:39969:31:syntax error, unexpected '@', expecting fqENDLINE

I detected that some of the fastq files were created with a different sequencing software which add an extra @ after the multiplexing index in the read names. I removed all these characters and now I got for some files the error:

ile ouudru8m/XXX.fq.gz is not recognized by SP

It seems a problem with the server remote folder (it seems that creates temporal folders as ouudru8m) but I cannot obtain an answer from the sra team and I don't know how to deal with this error. Someone had this problem?

I used the ascp command line tool in order to upload all the files to he remote sra folder.

Thank you very much

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                • seqadmin
                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post seqadmin  
                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                0 responses