No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is deletion?

what is deletion in paired-end-read?

You have posted six of these general questions already and people here are advising you to do a little preliminary research before posting general questions. Please take their advice before posting more questions like this.

Comment

Well exactly I also don't know the meaning of deletion. As far as I know it is an element of a chromosome of DNA that gets lost and this is caused by some kind of genetic disease like male fertility. What idea do you have about deletion?
      Last edited by Geoffreyion; 06-04-2013, 12:20 AM.
      click here >>> Light in the box coupon code

Comment

Originally posted by Geoffreyion View Post
        Well exactly I also don't know the meaning of deletion. As far as I know it is an element of a chromosome of DNA that gets lost and this is caused by some kind of genetic disease like male fertility. What idea do you have about deletion?
        No, this is off base. It is associated with recombination and not caused by disease. Here is the answer: from google. I want to point out that there is a biology stack exchange site for these general questions (though google is probably the best place to start).

Originally posted by huanggm View Post
        what is deletion in paired-end-read?
        If you are wanting to know something other than the definition of a deletion then we will need to know more. Please reconsider your question and provide more information, otherwise it's not possible to guess what it is you are asking.
        Last edited by SES; 08-22-2012, 03:56 AM.

Comment

i also dont know anythin g about dletion as i never heard of it before i would surely like to go through the various sites for getting the details of it
          Last edited by Carmaiserik; 09-03-2012, 10:10 PM.

Comment

i dont have much idea regarding this word deletion as i am unable to understand it much so i would better advice you to look this at google.com or you can look for this at wikipedia.
            Last edited by Dogetorenk; 11-15-2012, 08:30 PM.

Comment

really liked the google link lmgtfy and thnx for providing such good information... wasn't aware about the missing chromosomes in the DNA.

check this url >>> http://www.prlog.org/12063250-wayfai...any-order.html
              Last edited by Sebastiann; 02-11-2013, 02:49 AM.
              click here

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
              • seqadmin
                Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post seqadmin  
              Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
              0 responses