SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Sequencing Technologies/Companies > Ion Torrent

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Difference between Ion torrent proton and Ion PGM Bionerd Ion Torrent 7 09-30-2015 02:55 PM
Creating Y adapters for Ion platform Ruen Yao Ion Torrent 0 04-27-2015 03:54 AM
Ion Torrent $1000 Genome!? Benchtop Ion Proton Sequencer aeonsim Ion Torrent 88 10-28-2012 05:50 AM
ion torrent herrroaa Introductions 5 07-25-2011 06:36 AM

Old 09-24-2017, 07:52 PM   #1
aaagg

Question Adapters Ion torrent

Hello everyone

I'm starting to work with the Ion torrent sequencer. I want to sequence fragments that I will amplify using primers forward and reverse.

My question is how do I add the Ion torrent A and P1 adapters to my amplified fragments. I already found the sequences of these adapters in what is published by Ion torrent.

żIs it necessary to add some recognition sequence to that said adapters can be pasted into a second PCR?
aaagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:04 AM   #2
torben

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaagg View Post
Hello everyone

I'm starting to work with the Ion torrent sequencer. I want to sequence fragments that I will amplify using primers forward and reverse.

My question is how do I add the Ion torrent A and P1 adapters to my amplified fragments. I already found the sequences of these adapters in what is published by Ion torrent.

żIs it necessary to add some recognition sequence to that said adapters can be pasted into a second PCR?
You can use fusion PCR primers (ie. primers with the A and P1 sequences included) directly in the first PCR (or in a second PRR run if you prefer): https://assets.thermofisher.com/TFS-...nMethod_UG.pdf

Alernatively, you can ligate adaptors to your PCR products: https://assets.thermofisher.com/TFS-...raryKit_UB.pdf
torben is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ion torrent adapters