No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large scale cuffdiff analysis

Hi all,

already my second threat these days, but I have another question regarding analyzing RNA-seq data with the cufflinks package.

We have used cuffdiff and other approaches to look for differences in promoter usage etc. We find that the cuffdiff results have the best accuracy so far, when we compare our results with that of other experiments in the same setting.

However, as a next step we have to do an extensive extra amount of tests. We want to run ~ 600 comparisons with ~15 vs 15 samples each. Each sample has about 140 million 2x 100bp reads. You can imagine that this is not really possible using the traditional approach.

My question: Is it possible to

a) once estimate the FPKM values of all samples and then do the cuffdiff tests with these as input (not the raw reads).

or

b) is it ok to extract the reads from genes of interest and test only those? I imagine there might be a problem normalizing these reads when the whole dataset is not there.

Basically, we have 30 samples and want to test them in 600 different distributions.

Thanks,
    Seb

have same problem here,

still wondering why cuffdiff does not utilize multiple threads after mapping...too slow...

I tried to split the gtf files, and it was not working well.

Comment

Does anyone have a good solution for this problem?

I am also confuse why cuffdiff does not utilize multiple threads after mapping. Too slow to large scale date set.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
        Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
        by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
        04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
      • seqadmin
        Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
        by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
        04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post seqadmin  
      Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
      0 responses