Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not currently... I can add that, though. I'll make a note to do that. BBMap has an "idfilter" flag, though.

Comment

Great - I've been using idfilter but it's pretty consuming to have to rerun the mapping (I'm dealing with ~10 lanes of data now).

Comment

I just uploaded a new version of BBTools - 36.11 - that supports idfilter (and subfilter, editfilter, etc) in Reformat. Bear in mind that reads mapped using old-style cigar strings ('M' symbol instead of 'X' and '=') must also have MD tags. For newer cigar strings MD tags are not necessary. Unmapped reads will not be affected by this filter (they will pass the filter), so if you want to get rid of them you also need to set "mappedonly=t".

Comment

Talk about a quick turnaround! Thanks a bunch BB.

Comment

I am not sure this is a bug or not, but when I try to use reformat.sh (version 37.76) to add fake qualities of Q30 to a PacBio Sequel fastq file (produced with
            Code:
            bamtools convert -format fastq -in sequel.subreads.bam -out sequel.subreads.fastq
            ), which has default quality of "!", I don't get quality of ">" in the output rather "#".

Code:
            /opt/bbmap/reformat.sh qin=33 qout=33 qfake=30 in=sequel.subreads.fastq out=sequel.subreads.fqual.fastq

Comment

Hi,

Can I use reformat or any other bbtools script to split my fasta file into sub-files?

eg X.fa (100 sequences) -> X01.fa X02.fa....X10.fa (each with 10 sequences)?

I don't mind whether I need to select the number of sequences per file or total number of files and it doesn't really matter what order the sequences are in as long as there is no duplication of sequences.

Cheers,
              Dave

Comment

faSplit from Jim Kent's utilities is a much better option for splitting fasta files.

Run faSplit to look at inline help for multiple options available.

Comment

Reformat won't do that, but you can use partition.sh:

Code:
                  partition.sh in=X.fa out=X%.fa ways=10
                  That will produce 10 output files with an equal number of sequences and no duplication.

Comment

Hi Brian Bushnell,
                    when I used mapPacBio.sh for mapping pacbio reads. I met the errors as following:
                    Exception in thread "Thread-23" java.lang.AssertionError: Read 20, length 10550, exceeds the limit of 6019
                    You can map the reads in chunks by reformatting to fasta, then mapping with the setting 'fastareadlen=6019'
                    at align2.AbstractMapThread.run(AbstractMapThread.java:480)

But I did not find how I can reformat it.
                    Could you help me figure out this issue?
                    Thanks,
                    Fuyou

Comment

You can use
                      Code:
                      reformat.sh in=your_file.fastq out=newfile.fa
                      to convert the reads to fasta format.

That said I think mapPacBio.sh should automatically split reads longer than 6k when it does mapping. Is that not working?

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
                        You can use
                        Code:
                        reformat.sh in=your_file.fastq out=newfile.fa
                        to convert the reads to fasta format.

That said I think mapPacBio.sh should automatically split reads longer than 6k when it does mapping. Is that not working?
                        It is not working. I used fasta format.
                        Thanks,
                        Fuyou

Comment

hello folks, I am trying to work on a FASTQ file using reformat.sh, although I have correctly installed Java and tested it in the command line, I still can't get it to work. It seems the problem is that I don't have the FASTQ file in the same directory as the BBMap folder, could that be an issue?

Comment

pepe84, do you provide a path to the file? Please copy your command as tried, and then copy the error message.
                            Providing nextRAD genotyping and PacBio sequencing services. http://snpsaurus.com

Comment

here is the command:
                              java -cp C:\BBMap\current\jgi.ReformatReads in=“C:\BBMap\resources\SRRXXXXX.fastq” out1=EFB_R1.fq out2=EFB_R2.fq

And here is the error:
                              Error: Could not find or load main class in=C:\BBMap\resources\SRRXXXXX.fastq

Just an FYI I am using the command line on windows.

Thanks, I appreciate any help

Originally posted by SNPsaurus View Post
                              pepe84, do you provide a path to the file? Please copy your command as tried, and then copy the error message.

Comment

reformat.sh hangs in sleep status

I used demuxbyname.sh to split four lanes of Illumina data into separate files for 84 samples, and now I'm running a loop with reformat.sh to rename the samples from the index sequences to more biologically relevant names, catenate all four lanes of data from the same sample together, and produce a single file of gzipped interleaved output. The loop is running on a cluster with 37.41 installed, and worked fine for the first 51 samples of the 84, but hung on sample 52. A
                                Code:
                                ps aux | grep <user>
                                command returns
                                Code:
                                <user> 14126  0.6  0.0 6610600 250716 ?      Sl   00:21   4:42 java -ea -Xmx200m -cp /isg/shared/apps/bbmap/37.41/current/ jgi.ReformatReads in=L6_GAGATTCC+CTTCGCCT_#.fq out=L6_A2.fq
                                , which indicates the job is hung at one step in the loop to interleave the individual sample files before catenating all four samples together. The last output to the L6_A2.fq file was over 12 hours ago, so it seems unlikely that the job will recover from this status. Is there a way to avoid this problem?

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                                  Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                                  by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                                  03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
                                • seqadmin
                                  Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
                                  by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
                                  Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
                                  03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
                                0 responses
                                0 likes
                                Last Post seqadmin  
                                Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
                                0 responses