X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tophat-fusion error

Hi guys,

is anybody use tophat-fusion?
    I use 'tophatfusion-0.1.0-OSX_x86_64' ran my RNA-seq data get some error like:

Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/Users/ptong/Downloads/tophatfusion-0.1.0-OSX_x86_64/tophat-fusion", line 2611, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
    File "/Users/ptong/Downloads/tophatfusion-0.1.0-OSX_x86_64/tophat-fusion", line 2567, in main
    user_supplied_deletions)
    File "/Users/ptong/Downloads/tophatfusion-0.1.0-OSX_x86_64/tophat-fusion", line 2252, in spliced_alignment
    left_reads_map = maps[left_reads].unspliced_bwt
    AttributeError: 'list' object has no attribute 'unspliced_bwt'

The command I used is :

'tophat-fusion -o output --segment-length 20 --solexa1.3-quals Myco s_2_sequence.fastq'

is anybody know how to fix it?

Thanks a million.

I've tried it with both the Mac and Linux binaries. Tophat-fusion worked with both, tophat-fusion-post was another issue (see related thread). Couple of things are you dealing with single end reads? I'm not perfectly sure that is supported. How many reads are you aligning? The only time I saw this error was in a test data set with a limited number of reads. Test the install with the test data you can download

Comment

I also use tophatfusion, but when I run tophat-fusion-post, sometimes it will have the following problem, is there anybody know how to fix it?

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/local/bin/tophat-fusion-post", line 1904, in <module>
      sys.exit(main())
      File "/usr/local/bin/tophat-fusion-post", line 1884, in main
      generate_html(params)
      File "/usr/local/bin/tophat-fusion-post", line 1785, in generate_html
      cluster_fusion(fusion_list, cluster_list)
      File "/usr/local/bin/tophat-fusion-post", line 1585, in cluster_fusion
      cluster_temp_list[i]["index"] = sorted(cluster_temp_list[i]["index"], cmp=cmp)
      File "/usr/local/bin/tophat-fusion-post", line 1583, in cmp
      return int(fusion_list[b]["score"] - fusion_list[a]["score"])
      KeyError: 'score'

Comment

I got the same error as SCPHSD too.
        Anyone has any ideas about this?

Thank you so much

Comment

I just encountered the same problem as tyxer and SCPHSD. Changing the options of my run fixed it. Try running the command given in the getting started guide, and adjusting from there.

tophat-fusion-post -p 8 --num-fusion-reads 1 --num-fusion-pairs 2 --num-fusion-both 5 /path/to/h_sapiens/bowtie_index

Comment

Hi,
            I also had the same problem with one of sample I was analyzing, using TopHat v2.0.3 and 2.0.4. I realized, by looking at the tophat-fusion-post code, that the problem seems to happen specifically when only one fusion cluster is detected (in my case, one cluster with 4 putative fusions). It seems that the sorted() cmp function, which includes a calculation of score, needs more than one cluster in the list to work correctly.
            I modified the line 1708, in tophat-fusion-post v2.0.3:

by:

if len(cluster_temp_list) > 1:
            # cluster_temp_list[i]["index"] = sorted(cluster_temp_list[i]["index"], cmp=cmp)

Now it's skipping the score calculation when only one cluster of fusions is determined in a sample, but at least it gives a result! However, the code of tophat-fusion-post v2.0.4 is slightly different, and this modification isn't sufficient (a new error appears).
            Tyxer, SCPHSD, does this modification work for you?
            I sent an email to the developers, I hope the future version of tophat-fusion-post will be corrected !
            Regards,

Emilie

Comment

Hi, Emilie:

It is good to know this bug. However, it is not the reason of my problem.
              For my problem, the reason is stupid that I did not name the folders correctly.

Bests

Yuxiang

Comment

TopHat-fusion-post error

I am not getting any error while running tophat-fusion-post after running TopHat-fusion with tophat2.0.0 and bowtei1 index, but it generates Tophatfusion_out folder which reports 0 filtered fusions and contains 0kb file.

I am unable to figure it out, can anybody pls help, its urgent.
                Last edited by bharati; 08-22-2012, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Hi Bharati,

Your tophatfusion_out folder has just one empty file? no logs? If there is a sample_list.txt file, check that to make sure tophat-fusion-post is recognizing your samples. Otherwise try to give us a little more info to go from. What standard output do you get when you run tophat-fusion-post? How long does it take to finish?

Comment

Hi NKAkers,
                    sorry for my late reply.
                    I only gave a single sample to filter false positives and it took less then a minute to complete and showed 0 filtered fusions.
                    Last edited by bharati; 11-03-2012, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
                      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
                      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
                      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM
                    • seqadmin
                      Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
                      by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
                      03-22-2024, 06:39 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post seqadmin  
                    Started by seqadmin, 04-10-2024, 10:19 PM
                    0 responses