No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed to polish pacbiotoca assembly with Quiver

Dear PacBio team,

I have used CA8.1 to assemble pacbio self-corrected sequences. In the wiki of PacBioToCA, it has such "After assembly, polishing with Quiver is recommended to get the final consensus sequence".

In my system, I don't have and can't have SmrtAnalysis or SmrtPortal installed. I installed each program that needed through the progress. For example, I installed BLASR when CA8.1 self-correction needed it. And, I installed Quiver just now.

However, in HowToQuiver, I can't follow Step 3 or Step 4. For step3, since I don't have aligned_reads.cmp.h5, I was trying to find out how to follow the RS_Mapping_QVs protocol. But when I google "RS_Mapping_QVs protocol", all I can get is HowToQuiver.rst. I am in a dead end. For step4, since I don't have and can't have SmrtPortal, I am also in a dead end.

Can you please help me? It seems to me that as long as I can create the aligned_reads.cmp.h5 file, then, I am good to run Quiver. Thanks!

See if thread helps: http://seqanswers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35212

Comment

Originally posted by GenoMax View Post
      Thanks. Now, I installed pbalign. The following command caused error.

Code:
      pbalign.py --forQuiver input_20131217_RS42150_PL100038726-1_D02.1.bas.h5 reference.fna aligned_reads.cmp.h5
      Code:
      2014-01-12 20:41:22,148 [ERROR] BlaserService returned a non-zero exit status. [INFO] 2014-01-12T20:41:21 [blasr] started.
      ERROR, ccs base file input_20131217_RS42150_PL100038726-1_D02.1.bas.h5 does not have a PulseData field.
      Traceback (most recent call last):
        File "/home/qiime/VE-QUIVER/bin/variantCaller.py", line 5, in <module>
          sys.exit(main())
        File "/home/qiime/VE-QUIVER/lib/python2.7/site-packages/GenomicConsensus/main.py", line 340, in main
          return ToolRunner().main()
        File "/home/qiime/VE-QUIVER/lib/python2.7/site-packages/GenomicConsensus/main.py", line 265, in main
          with CmpH5Reader(options.inputFilename) as peekCmpH5:
        File "/home/qiime/VE-QUIVER/lib/python2.7/site-packages/pbcore/io/CmpH5IO.py", line 716, in __init__
          self.file = h5py.File(self.filename, "r")
        File "/home/qiime/lib/python/h5py/_hl/files.py", line 207, in __init__
          fid = make_fid(name, mode, userblock_size, fapl)
        File "/home/qiime/lib/python/h5py/_hl/files.py", line 79, in make_fid
          fid = h5f.open(name, h5f.ACC_RDONLY, fapl=fapl)
        File "h5f.pyx", line 71, in h5py.h5f.open (h5py/h5f.c:1682)
      IOError: unable to open file (File accessibilty: Unable to open file)
      What should I do? Thank you!
      Last edited by cwzkevin; 01-13-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Is the data from an RSII instrument? In which case pbalign requires the bax.h5 files, not the bas.h5 file. To use all three bax.h5 files simply create a fofn of the bax.h5 file.
        Code:
        ls *.bax.h5 > input.fofn
        and pass the input.fofn file to pbalign
        Code:
        pbalign.py --forQuiver input.fofn reference.fna aligned_reads.cmp.h5
        Last edited by rhall; 01-13-2014, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Thank you, rhall. It got another error.
          Code:
          2014-01-13 21:25:35,665 [ERROR] FilterService returned a non-zero exit status. /bin/sh: samFilter: command not found
          Never mind, I found them in blasr/pbihdfutils/bin

Thanks for your help!
          Last edited by cwzkevin; 01-13-2014, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
            Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
            by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
            04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
          • seqadmin
            Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
            by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
            04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 11:49 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post seqadmin  
          Started by seqadmin, 04-24-2024, 08:47 AM
          0 responses