X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XHMM and PLINK/Seq problem

Hi!
    I'm trying to use XHMM for CNV detection but I have a few problems:

1) I'm following this quide http://atgu.mgh.harvard.edu/xhmm/tutorial.shtml for the use and I installed PLINK/Seq tools but when I try to use:

Code:
    "./sources/scripts/interval_list_to_pseq_reg EXOME.interval_list > ./EXOME.targets.reg"
    there is no file or script like interval_list_to_pseq_reg. So I saw in the plinkseq directory plinkseq/sources but there isn't any directory script, how can I fix it?

2) I tried to bypass PLINK/Seq step so in this command for filters samples and targets and then mean-centers the targets:

Code:
    ./xhmm --matrix -r ./DATA.RD.txt --centerData --centerType target \
        -o ./DATA.filtered_centered.RD.txt \
        --outputExcludedTargets ./DATA.filtered_centered.RD.txt.filtered_targets.txt \
        --outputExcludedSamples ./DATA.filtered_centered.RD.txt.filtered_samples.txt \
        --excludeTargets ./extreme_gc_targets.txt --excludeTargets ./low_complexity_targets.txt \
        --minTargetSize 10 --maxTargetSize 10000 \
        --minMeanTargetRD 10 --maxMeanTargetRD 500 \
        --minMeanSampleRD 25 --maxMeanSampleRD 200 \
        --maxSdSampleRD 150
    I delete the second --ecludeTargets low_complexity_targets.txt but in the next step I have problem with runs PCA on mean-centered data:
    Code:
    "./xhmm --PCA -r ./DATA.filtered_centered.RD.txt --PCAfiles ./DATA.RD_PCA"
    but this is the error:
    Code:
    ERROR: Unable to read header line from input stream
    So I tried to bypass this step too but then I have an error on discovers CNVs in normalized data:
    Code:
    ERROR: Unable to read header line from input stream
    Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.

UPDATE:

I managed to run the program, and I understand where was the error. In the filtered step, with those parameters, the output file was empty, so I tied to modify the value, in particular minMeanSampleRD. But ther's one more problem. I'm using a known set of BAM files, in which i know who have a CNV, but even if I don't see an error anymore the final step (when I produce the xcnv file) produce an empty file.

I use PGM Ion Torrent with amplicon's kit.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by PandoraMid; 05-20-2016, 02:44 AM. Reason: Update on results

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
    by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
    04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
  • seqadmin
    Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
    by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
    04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Today, 08:47 AM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, 04-11-2024, 12:08 PM
0 responses