SEQanswers

Go Back   SEQanswers > Applications Forums > De novo discovery

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Zygosity in Indel Calling Jeromek Bioinformatics 0 09-15-2014 10:04 AM
Question related to choosing GATK parameter for variant calling kjaja Bioinformatics 1 03-19-2013 09:39 AM
False negative variant calling in haploids. Call variants using coverage (not stats)? Genomics101 Bioinformatics 3 06-07-2012 12:29 PM
New version of GAMES (V1.3) for annotation and interpretation of variant from NGS m_elena_bioinfo Bioinformatics 0 05-25-2011 09:12 AM

Old 11-21-2016, 08:29 AM   #1
NGS_New_User

Exclamation Question regarding Zygosity variant calling interpretation - homozygote variants

Hi everyone,

I have assembled the genome of a non-model organism - insect (de novo genome assembly) and performed read mapping to it. I am currently in the process of performing a variant analysis. For all the different variants detected (SNPs, InDels) the initial results shows that 98% of all the variants are heterozygous (ie more than one variant was called at that position) and 2% were called as homozygous (ie only one variant was called at that position).

My question is, is it plausible to have homozygote variants present, especially since its the same species and the same set of reads were used to produced both the assembly and used in the read mapping? Or is it an error that homozygote variants are being called? I am using the CLC genomics workbench v9 to call the variants

Please advise. Thank you
NGS_New_User is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bioinformatics analysis, de novo assemby, homozygous variant, variant calling