Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I make a valid design for this data in DESeq2?

So I have a problem with a dataset I'm working on. Here is information about the samples.

Three viruses at three timepoints:
    Virus1_day1, Virus1_day3, Virus1_day8.
    Virus2_day1, Virus2_day3, Virus2_day8.
    Virus3_day1, Virus3_day3, Virus3_day8.

And mock samples at a single timepoint:
    Mock_day6

Here is a link to the actual sample information

Essentially, using DESeq2 I want to compare each virus at each time point to the mock condition. I can't do this because the design model isn't full rank though. I have only a single set of mocks, from day 6, and the viruses from days 1,3, and 8. I want to compare each virus at each time point to the mock set.

Specifically:
    Virus1_day1 vs Mock
    Virus1_day3 vs Mock
    Virus1_day8 vs Mock
    Virus2_day1 vs Mock
    Virus2_day3 vs Mock
    Virus2_day8 vs Mock
    Virus3_day1 vs Mock
    Virus3_day3 vs Mock
    Virus3_day8 vs Mock

What I've done so far is to just separate the input based on timepoint, and then do my design matrix as ~ Virus. I really want to be able to process all of the data in a single set, however, and extract DE data for each comparison with something like,
    Code:

results(dds, contrast=c("Virus","mock","ACali09"),alpha=signif_cutoff)
    Can anyone help me figure out how to make the design matrix correctly specify the contrasts I'm trying to do? Thanks very much in advance.
    Last edited by aprice67; 08-22-2017, 11:01 AM. Reason: Added link to sample data.

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
    Strategies for Sequencing Challenging Samples
    by seqadmin

Despite advancements in sequencing platforms and related sample preparation technologies, certain sample types continue to present significant challenges that can compromise sequencing results. Pedro Echave, Senior Manager of the Global Business Segment at Revvity, explained that the success of a sequencing experiment ultimately depends on the amount and integrity of the nucleic acid template (RNA or DNA) obtained from a sample. “The better the quality of the nucleic acid isolated...
    03-22-2024, 06:39 AM
  • seqadmin
    Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
    by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
    Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
    03-08-2024, 10:41 AM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:37 PM
0 responses
0 likes
Last Post seqadmin  
Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 06:07 PM
0 responses