Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helicos ready to launch Heliscope! Stock market reacts 24 hours early!

According to their presentation at the JP Morgan Healthcare Conference today, Helicos is ready to launch nearly nine instruments, for which they have no orders for. Please read the full report over at Genome Web: http://www.genomeweb.com/issues/news/144376-1.html

I have a couple things to say here...the first of which is I am intrigued by the 40% jump in HLCS stock starting yesterday afternoon, on absolutely no news, other than the the DOW in general rallied in the afternoon. Looks like the news of this "launch is still a go" announcement leaked out something fierce.

Also, I'm still waiting for a publication or any in depth treatment on how the Heliscope chemistry works. Compared to the pre-launch environment of the SOLiD system, Helicos has publicized virtually nothing about the chemistry, even in broad strokes.

It's a bit disturbing that they are ready to launch the instrument but haven't published any data nor identified any pre-launch instrument placements.

Their recent announcement of a $20M loan from GE leaves me wondering if they are close to death....if their cash burn rate was ~$10 million in Q3-2007, I would expect it to be significantly higher than that for Q4-2007 and Q1-2008. Meaning that $20M ain't going to last that long.

But if I'm mistaken on any of these points, I would be glad to hear it (*hint*...register and post! )

To respond to myself, I was mistaken. Apparently the market reaction on Jan 9 was based on data that Helicos published in their 8K released on Jan 9:

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Techniques and Challenges in Conservation Genomics
      by seqadmin

The field of conservation genomics centers on applying genomics technologies in support of conservation efforts and the preservation of biodiversity. This article features interviews with two researchers who showcase their innovative work and highlight the current state and future of conservation genomics.

Avian Conservation
      Matthew DeSaix, a recent doctoral graduate from Kristen Ruegg’s lab at The University of Colorado, shared that most of his research...
      03-08-2024, 10:41 AM
    • seqadmin
      The Impact of AI in Genomic Medicine
      by seqadmin

Artificial intelligence (AI) has evolved from a futuristic vision to a mainstream technology, highlighted by the introduction of tools like OpenAI's ChatGPT and Google's Gemini. In recent years, AI has become increasingly integrated into the field of genomics. This integration has enabled new scientific discoveries while simultaneously raising important ethical questions1. Interviews with two researchers at the center of this intersection provide insightful perspectives into...
      02-26-2024, 02:07 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, 03-14-2024, 06:13 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, 03-08-2024, 08:03 AM
    0 responses