Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edit distance sequence tags available (link within)

Hi everyone,

I've generated several sets of edit (levenshtein) distance/metric sequence tags from 4nt to 10nt and edit distance 3 to edit distance 9. Within each sheet of the spreadsheet (or length/edit distance combination in csv format), all tags are at least the given edit distance from one other.

While not entirely exhaustive (for several reasons), these sequence tags approach the maximum number possible (after filtering) within each category of length.

I'm in the process of prepping a manuscript describing the code for tag generation (as part of a larger package on which i'm working - largely in a private branch of the repo.), but it seemed these tags might be useful to others in the meantime.

the tags are available from:

there's a blog post with a bit of description here:

and the code to generate the tags is here:

I generated the tags in the files provided using the following (to generate 10nt tags with a minimum edit distance of 3, for example):

Code:
    python make_levenshtein_tags.py --tag-length=10 --edit-distance=3 \
    --no-polybase --gc --comp --use-c --multiprocessing \
    --min-and-greater | tee 10_nt.txt
    Run time for this example was 80 hours or so on 6 cores of 8 (Mac Pro, 8 GB RAM) or approx. 480 hours wall-clock time. Run times for smaller tag sets (e.g. 8 nt) are about a minute.

if you use these tags, for the time being, please "cite" the repository link (https://github.com/baddna/edittag/). Once we get a manuscript out, I'll provide proper citation information in the README.

WORDS OF CAUTION: i'm undertaking a re-organization of the code in this repository, committing lots of unit tests, refactoring, documenting, etc. - so expect the code to change as i update and refactor.

please let me know if you have any questions.

best,
    b
    Last edited by bcf; 01-18-2011, 10:58 PM. Reason: Updating URLs for repository move

edittag packaged up and on pypi

Hi everyone,

two quick things:

-b
    Last edited by bcf; 02-14-2011, 08:37 AM. Reason: preprint is now accessible

Comment

Latest Articles

Collapse

• seqadmin
      Essential Discoveries and Tools in Epitranscriptomics
      by seqadmin

The field of epigenetics has traditionally concentrated more on DNA and how changes like methylation and phosphorylation of histones impact gene expression and regulation. However, our increased understanding of RNA modifications and their importance in cellular processes has led to a rise in epitranscriptomics research. “Epitranscriptomics brings together the concepts of epigenetics and gene expression,” explained Adrien Leger, PhD, Principal Research Scientist...
      04-22-2024, 07:01 AM
    • seqadmin
      Current Approaches to Protein Sequencing
      by seqadmin

Proteins are often described as the workhorses of the cell, and identifying their sequences is key to understanding their role in biological processes and disease. Currently, the most common technique used to determine protein sequences is mass spectrometry. While still a valuable tool, mass spectrometry faces several limitations and requires a highly experienced scientist familiar with the equipment to operate it. Additionally, other proteomic methods, like affinity assays, are constrained...
      04-04-2024, 04:25 PM

ad_right_rmr

Collapse

News

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by seqadmin, Today, 11:49 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post seqadmin  
    Started by seqadmin, Yesterday, 08:47 AM
    0 responses